• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Every semester my area's public school's are mandated to conduct a man made lockdown drill. I was notified that today was that day.

What are your thoughts on these types of drills in the schools that our children attend?

They are purposefully vauge in their language when they describe the drills. Should parents be more informed on the processes that happen to keep the children safe, or is it important to keep the information close to their hip?

I read something about Indiana funding firearms training for teachers in some school districts that wish to participate. Some have formed armed response teams to combat violence with violence.

With that said, if a school doesn't participate how can parents approach the school and suggest that this should be a possibility?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    They have to be vague or everyone has a blueprint of each building and procedures. Things had to get changed because the younger criminals now are old enough to know the facilities and their procedures having gone through drills for years.

A board meeting is the route to go to inquire about your answers.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    They have to be vague or everyone has a blueprint of each building and procedures. Things had to get changed because the younger criminals now are old enough to know the facilities and their procedures having gone through drills for years.

A board meeting is the route to go to inquire about your answers.
    I definitely agree that they need to be purposefully vague. Access to information has never been easier, mix that with the sick criminal mind and it's a deadly combination.

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    It’s sad the kids have to do this but it’s better for them to practice it and it may give them that much better of a chance to survive if something were to happen. I agree with the above comment though, can’t release too much info.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In the '60's we had mandatory bomb drills.

Sit under your desk, put your hands over your ears and lower your head down. By 2nd grade I had learned about nuclear fall out, not to mention the power of the blast. Every bomb drill, all I could think about was how stupid the adults were thinking the procedure would really make any difference as the radiation penetrated our bodies.

At least the tornado drills did have a purpose. Setting in the hallways shielded from broken glass and made a convenient location to count the bodies.

I worked at a Chrysler plant for a while. For emergencies the fools in the safety department wanted all 7000 people to congregate in a large central hall way. The hallway was along where two halves of the building joined. Above the girders were Two large 15.5 KV substations and all the huge secondary distribution lines powering 480V three phase buss bars, 4 large high pressure natural gas feed lines, a dozen compressed air feed lines and two large steam distribution lines. They were sort of right, if a tornado hit, no one would die from the storm in that hallway. No one in maintenance was going to be there in a real storm.

Top Bottom