• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm feeling a little uncomfortable about it, myself.

I actually bought my very first quality fixed blade a couple weeks ago. I suppose it is time somebody showed me how to use it. I seem to recall something about a pointy end but after that it's all a little foggy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually bought my very first quality fixed blade a couple weeks ago. I suppose it is time somebody showed me how to use it. I seem to recall something about a pointy end but after that it's all a little foggy.

Is that what you had on your belt? I wanted to ask you about it, but I kept forgetting!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Is that what you had on your belt? I wanted to ask you about it, but I kept forgetting!

I have all sorts of stuff on my belt and in my pockets. But since I know that you can recognize a 1911 the other thing was probably a knife. It's small and hides with an untucked or cover shirt.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have all sorts of stuff on my belt and in my pockets. But since I know that you can recognize a 1911 the other thing was probably a knife. It's small and hides with an untucked or cover shirt.
    If rhino was in the same county and isn't bleeding, the item in question is NOT a knife.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Thanks to Mike and Josh for a great class today! Content was very helpful and extensive...just what I was looking for. You guys did an excellent job with the curriculum and made everyone in the class more prepared, I sincerely appreciate it. I've got a lot of stuff to "noodle" on in the near future for sure.

Thanks to Jackson as well, who contributed to the instruction, provided some real-world experience/stories and did a great job rolling with those that were willing.

If you missed this class, I definitely recommend you catch one by these guys in the near future.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks to Mike and Josh for a great class today! Content was very helpful and extensive...just what I was looking for. You guys did an excellent job with the curriculum and made everyone in the class more prepared, I sincerely appreciate it. I've got a lot of stuff to "noodle" on in the near future for sure.

Thanks to Jackson as well, who contributed to the instruction, provided some real-world experience/stories and did a great job rolling with those that were willing.

If you missed this class, I definitely recommend you catch one by these guys in the near future.

Thanks again for coming out. We are glad you found it enjoyable and informative, especially considering you were already well trained in many of the areas we covered.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Great class. I'm especially glad my wife was there to hear the material. We are both far better prepared to handle all kinds of situations now that we've been through the class. Also, it's kept us talking for a few days now about what I'd do in this or that situation, and how she would handle this or that potential problem. Pretty eye opening stuff.

I recommend this class to everyone. And take your wife and/or daughter with you if you can.

ps- Coach's daughter beat up Jackson.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Great class. I'm especially glad my wife was there to hear the material. We are both far better prepared to handle all kinds of situations now that we've been through the class. Also, it's kept us talking for a few days now about what I'd do in this or that situation, and how she would handle this or that potential problem. Pretty eye opening stuff.

I recommend this class to everyone. And take your wife and/or daughter with you if you can.

Video?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In general, the forearm on the throat is suboptimal. It's not where I'd have gone when inside the guard.

Wow way to mess up my being a smart@$$. ;)

Truth is I found the grappling component interesting and worth experiencing. But I would not want to try it on the street. Like any martial art it takes dedicated practice.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Yeah she jumped right into the bjj part of the class. She rolled twice.

Vert tried to turn my elbow into pulled pork at one point. It made some interesting noises during what was supposed to be some "light" practice escaping from a wrist grab.

He also missed a legitimate chance to grab the zombie kit from out of the truck.

Top Bottom