• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy you live on a farm, your guns are probably pretty safe unless there are a bunch of kids nearby. You're probably not living in the middle of a sub-division some where like this guy is. Sorry buddy, but you're not a risk to small children so you can leave guns on your porch for all I care.

I grew up on a farm with loaded shot guns behind most doors. We knew not to touch them. If we had friends over, they knew not to touch them either.

City kids aren't usually taught these things unless their parents are gun owners.

The person who entered the car did it for the kids, that is why I am defending them.
    By the way, I actually live in a Town...

Just like Gun Control, it's for the Kids...

So what if the Kids are not taught Firearms etiquette, if they were taught to NOT Trespass, NOT to Break into others Possessions/Property, and to NOT Steal it does not matter that they have not been taught about Firearms.

Prime example, you say you grew up in the Country, what would have happened to you if you would have broke into someones Property and Stole something that obviously was not yours?!

Even if it is Darwinism, why should kids have to pay the ultimate price for having stupid and irresponsible parents?
    Why should I have to Lock my Vehicle every time I step out of it?!
    Why should I have to Lock my House every time I leave it?!

If, you want me to raise others Children, I want to be able to whip their asses when the are out of line (both the Parents and the Children)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Jeremy you live on a farm, your guns are probably pretty safe unless there are a bunch of kids nearby. You're probably not living in the middle of a sub-division some where like this guy is. Sorry buddy, but you're not a risk to small children so you can leave guns on your porch for all I care.

I grew up on a farm with loaded shot guns behind most doors. We knew not to touch them. If we had friends over, they knew not to touch them either.

City kids aren't usually taught these things unless their parents are gun owners.

The person who entered the car did it for the kids, that is why I am defending them.

Even if it is Darwinism, why should kids have to pay the ultimate price for having stupid and irresponsible parents?

But they are taught not to get in someone's car and not look into other people's stuff.
    If they still do it then it's their own fault, just like a country kid who decides do play with the loaded shotgun behind the door, even though he was taught not to.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Did you see my post about knives in your home, how is it different? :dunno:

Im not going to secure all the dangerous things that could hurt your child in case he breaks into my house and get hurts with knives, tools, guns, chemical products and whatnot.

Dont let your kid go to places where there are dangerous things and he wont get hurt.

Me neither, I don't have small children so I have unsecured guns all around the house in case my son or I need them. But kids can't be tempted by walking by my house because you can't easily see my guns. Apparently either someone knew the guy left his gun unsecured or they saw his gun.

It's a lot easier to break into my car than it would be my house. I have a security system similar to Jeremy's. A BG better hope my dogs get them before I do. I'd love to have an excuse to kick the crap out of someone and bludgeon them to unconsciousness. I think it could be very therapeutic.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    By the way if I got to Parent someone's Child, I want the EIC and the Tax Deductions too!

Just go to Wally World, you'll see plenty of kids needing someone to parent them. It also explains why I don't trust other people's kid to be respectful of their neighbor's property.

How many kids do you see slobbering on toys or eating packages of snacks that their parents have no intention of paying for?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Me neither, I don't have small children so I have unsecured guns all around the house in case my son or I need them. But kids can't be tempted by walking by my house because you can't easily see my guns. Apparently either someone knew the guy left his gun unsecured or they saw his gun.
    Still do not see why/how/where it is alright to Trespass, break into someones things, and steal from them... :dunno:
    It's a lot easier to break into my car than it would be my house. I have a security system similar to Jeremy's. A BG better hope my dogs get them before I do.
    My dogs are all Protection Trained Dogs, Similar to what Police/Military Dogs can do... ;)

I'd love to have an excuse to kick the crap out of someone and bludgeon them to unconsciousness. I think it could be very therapeutic.
    It is VERY Therapeutic....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Just go to Wally World, you'll see plenty of kids needing someone to parent them. It also explains why I don't trust other people's kid to be respectful of their neighbor's property.

How many kids do you see slobbering on toys or eating packages of snacks that their parents have no intention of paying for?
    I generally report them to Security... :popcorn:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    As kids most of us were taught to be respectful of other people's property. If it did not belong to us we were taught not to touch it. I can remember going into stores with my parents and being told not to touch anything and not to speak unless spoken to. We definitely would never steal.

As a kid I usually did as I was told without talking back. We were disciplined if we misbehaved. Too bad a lot of today's parents don't parent or discipline their kids.

As far as it being therapeutic to beat up a bad guy, I might have a little bit of an anger issue that could definitely benefit from an outlet. It sucks having to be sugar & spice & everything nice all the time.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    As kids most of us were taught to be respectful of other people's property. If it did not belong to us we were taught not to touch it. I can remember going into stores with my parents and being told not to touch anything and not to speak unless spoken to. We definitely would never steal.

As a kid I usually did as I was told without talking back. We were disciplined if we misbehaved. Too bad a lot of today's parents don't parent or discipline their kids.

As far as it being therapeutic to beat up a bad guy, I might have a little bit of an anger issue that could definitely benefit from an outlet. It sucks having to be sugar & spice & everything nice all the time.

A little bit of an anger issue? :laugh:

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Can we all at least agree that there are much better ways to handle this situation which both "protect the children" and don't involve doing something illegal (or at least LESS illegal). I see two ways this could have immediately been resolved much better if you were concerned about the situation:
    1) Go knock on the guy's front door and tell him he left his car unlocked, or
    2) If for whatever reason that isn't possible, take the step of minimal intrusion: simply lock the doors of the car.

The absolute last thing that would go through my mind is, "Hey, would you look at that, there's a firearm inside that guy's car. I wonder if the car's unlocked. *pull handle* YEP! Wowzers, I wonder if the gun is loaded *grab a stranger's gun out of the stranger's car, check magazine and chamber* YEP! Huh, I guess I should steal it."

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Can we all at least agree that there are much better ways to handle this situation which both "protect the children" and don't involve doing something illegal (or at least LESS illegal).
    There is no such thing as "less illegal". It's either legal or illegal and that's it.
    1) Go knock on the guy's front door and tell him he left his car unlocked, or
    How is this any better? You're still on private property opening the door of a vehicle that does not belong to you. (How else would you know the door is unlocked??)
    2) If for whatever reason that isn't possible, take the step of minimal intrusion: simply lock the doors of the car.
    Breaking and entering. Criminal Trespass. Vandalism.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    There is no such thing as "less illegal". It's either legal or illegal and that's it.

True, but I don't think you'd argue the punishment for all illegal activity is equivalent or even has the same likelihood of being prosecuted.

How is this any better? You're still on private property opening the door of a vehicle that does not belong to you. (How else would you know the door is unlocked??)
    Oh, I agree here. The guy should have minded his own business and not opened up some other fella's car. I'm just saying, if you've already gotten to the point that you know someone has a gun left in an unlocked car (by whatever means) and you are concerned about "the children," the appropriate next step is to try to tell the guy he left his car unlocked, not steal his gun.

Breaking and entering. Criminal Trespass. Vandalism.
    Not sure about vandalism or breaking and entering, but criminal trespass may be likely. I'm not arguing he SHOULD do this, I'm just saying this is PREFERABLE to stealing the gun and is at least something I could imagine a "reasonable" person doing. Would I do it? No. Would I recommend anyone else do it? No. But in the line of "what would I do first if forced to do something", this comes way before stealing the gun.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not sure about vandalism
    It's malicious intent to alter the state of someone else's property. That is vandalism. If the owner's keys were also in the car, what would it be defined as then?
    If you don't think it's vandalism, try crawling under all the stall doors in the nearest bathroom and lock all the doors from the inside. Then post back here and let me know the definition that cops/security tell you this act falls under...

or breaking and entering
    "Breaking and Entering v., n. entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary."

Hmm...by the actual definition, I should have added "Burglary" because there was absolutely intent to commit a crime. Theft.
    but criminal trespass may be likely.
    Criminal Trespass; "An unlawful intrusion that interferes with one's person or property."

Top Bottom