• ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    KEYC Television, Mankato, MN - The One To Watch

No Charges Against Truman Man Who Shot IntruderBuildVideoLink('image','true','143414','No%20Charges%20Against%20Truman%20Man%20Who%20Shot%20Intruder');
    Published Date: 06-12-2008 10:52 PM CT
    Authorities say no charges will be filed against a Truman man who shot an intruder in his parents' home. Mark Sauk arrived at the home Tuesday night to find his mother being attacked by a man police identify as 30 year old Douglas Bennett. Police say Sauk struck the intruder with his handgun, and when that didn't work, fired two times, striking him once in the leg. Authorities tell News 12 that a review with the county attorney found that Sauk's actions were justified. Both Marcella Sauk and Douglas Bennett are both currently at St. Mary's hospital in Rochester.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If I find an intruder in my parents home attacking my mom all bets are off. I will shoot you in the face.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Honestly, I'm not sure shooting the intruder would be my first reaction. Proximity to my mom would make me at least think about that.

I do know he, the intruder, would at least briefly wish he'd picked a different target. Violence would certainly be coming his direction with malice aforethought.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Depends on how close I am. I don't think pistol slapping would be my first choice. I value gun retention a little too much to go for that move.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, I don't think I would have struck them first... then only hit them in the leg.
    You have to realize that this happened in Minnesota. Lots of liberals live in Minnesota. A bitch slap followed by a glancing shot seems appropriate because if you are a liberal you will consider the fact that killing the intruder would take away his one skill that he would need to support himself & his family. Wounding him may give him a limp but he'll be able to continue beating old women out of their pension money and therefore stay off the public dole :rolleyesedit: If that happened here in Indiana (or any sensible state) I suspect the coroner would have notified his next of kin.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    You have to realize that this happened in Minnesota. Lots of liberals live in Minnesota. A bitch slap followed by a glancing shot seems appropriate because if you are a liberal you will consider the fact that killing the intruder would take away his one skill that he would need to support himself & his family. Wounding him may give him a limp but he'll be able to continue beating old women out of their pension money and therefore stay off the public dole :rolleyesedit: If that happened here in Indiana (or any sensible state) I suspect the coroner would have notified his next of kin.

I bet the homeowner gets sued by the bad guy... "my leg's just not the same anymore"

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Well..... he did bitch-slap him with the gun first.

I'd call that fair warning!!!! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

"Sauk struck the intruder with his handgun, and when that didn't work, fired two times, striking him once in the leg."

Top Bottom