• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    She's 8. I bought her a Pink Laminated Cricket for her birthday back in May. Had it engraved for her.

We went out for a second outing today. Atterbury had pink 'shoot 'n see' targets for her to shoot at. She had a ball and is shooting really well I think. She gets bored after a while...but she's migrated from .22 shorts to .22 LR's now...is following the rules pretty well and as I quizzed her on them today she said 'Daddy, we really need to write those down as I always forget one' lol...

Anyway...really proud of her and how good she's doing. A couple more outings and we'll migrate to a longer shot...shooting pretty short right now to build her confidence.

She really liked the pink targets and one of the guys told her she had a pink rifle bag, pink shoes, and pink targets...asked if she had pink bullets lol

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That's awesome man. Just had my 11 year old daughter out today myself :) That proud daddy moment was when she took the 10/22 mag and said "I can load it myself dad!" lol..

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    We like to leave the targets on display on the front porch for awhile, especially the ones that look good. It's even more important if you have a daughter. Hopefully she'll talk about it with the kids at school. That will limit her association with the liberal kids.:thumbsup:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Super job Dad! You have to start them young and keep up the interest, as I see you are.

In the same spirit, took my 3 grandsons (10-11 yrs old) to shoot black powder on Sunday.
    Patched ball rifle, both flint and percussion as well as cap and ball revolver.
    One even worked on throwing the hawk and knife.
    Instructed them on how to load 'em as well as the rules. They got pretty good.
    A history lesson as well as firearms training.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    It looks like she is doing a great job! I need to get some of those pink targets for my daughter. She is the same age as your daughter and is shooting a cricket and a high standard sentinel deluxe. Her confidence is really improving.
    Only issue we are having is that she doesn't want to talk about the guns to any of her friends or family on her dads side (I'm not married to the man anymore). He has become super liberal and I don't think any of hers or his friends have any firearms. I don't care if she doesn't want to talk about it, I just don't want her to feel like she is doing anything wrong. Definitely on us to make sure she feels secure about it, just need to figure out exactly how to do that along with her father.

So, if anyone has an old significant other who hates guns, and you have had to deal with this kind of thing I would love your input on how to handle it. Everyone needs a little advice sometimes!

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My 11 yr old daughter and I shoot at matches at least 3 weekends out of the month.....we both enjoy spending time together doing something we like. We need more kids to be involved in the shooting sports!!!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Thanks guys. I really hope she continues to flourish in her love for them. She loves spending time with Daddy doing Daddy stuff so I am hoping this continues.

I am starting to think about how to let her have fun shooting stuff besides paper(water bottles, etc) as I really wonder how long putting holes in paper will hold her interest...

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    It looks like she is doing a great job! I need to get some of those pink targets for my daughter. She is the same age as your daughter and is shooting a cricket and a high standard sentinel deluxe. Her confidence is really improving.
    Only issue we are having is that she doesn't want to talk about the guns to any of her friends or family on her dads side (I'm not married to the man anymore). He has become super liberal and I don't think any of hers or his friends have any firearms. I don't care if she doesn't want to talk about it, I just don't want her to feel like she is doing anything wrong. Definitely on us to make sure she feels secure about it, just need to figure out exactly how to do that along with her father.

So, if anyone has an old significant other who hates guns, and you have had to deal with this kind of thing I would love your input on how to handle it. Everyone needs a little advice sometimes!

In my opinion the best thing you can do is continue to educate your daughter on the value of firearms in our society. It would warm my heart to hear a child win an argument with a liberal over firearms. While my wife is not anti gun at all, the majority of my family is. They are very ignorant liberals. Some of their gems include, "Glocks are made in Austria because they are illegal to own here", and "All pistols are fully automatic".

By continuing to educate your daughter you will avoid liberal brainwashing like this.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    This is an awesome dad thing to do with our daughters! At 18 my daughter loves to talk about all of our trips and her first rifle! These are great memories!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Awesome! I really enjoy shooting with my daughter too. We went earlier this week. She is now 17. Great job dad! Keep up the good work! And my daughter has managed to talk me in to building a baby blue 10-22.

Top Bottom