• Galco vs Bianchi

• Total voters

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I just recently picked up my M&P 9 EXO(NiB) from Bradis. I have a question as to which holster to use. I would like to keep it concealed as much as possible. I've gotten used to CC with the XDsc in an OWB holster. It feels more comfortable to me. The two holsters I've narrowed it down to, based on reasonable price and good quality, are the Galco Kingtuk IWB and Bianchi 57 OWB. I don't like plastic for OWB but will do partly for the IWB. I'm 5'8" on a good day :rolleyes: and 145 lbs. I understand CC with it maybe hard and don't mind the "print" since it goes unnoticed most of the time.

Anyone have any input?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Sound like you mainly want to CC it.

CCing a full size gun is fairly easy with the right holster.

In my honest opinion, your best bet is to forget those 2 holsters, and go for the Comp-TAC MTAC.

I guarantee you that you'll be extremely happy with it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Sound like you mainly want to CC it.

CCing a full size gun is fairly easy with the right holster.

In my honest opinion, your best bet is to forget those 2 holsters, and go for the Comp-TAC MTAC.

I guarantee you that you'll be extremely happy with it.

^This.

My full size M&P disappears in my MTAC.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I carry the 40c in an MTAC and I love it. Full size will be a little bigger and heavier but I still think it is a good option to consider.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    The only reason I've been hesitant on the MTAC is due to the clips. I've had a Super truck before and it was a dream. I just figured the Kingtuk was cheaper and appears to be the same thing. Galco has been reputable, IMO, but I'm unsure about this one.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The only reason I've been hesitant on the MTAC is due to the clips. I've had a Super truck before and it was a dream. I just figured the Kingtuk was cheaper and appears to be the same thing. Galco has been reputable, IMO, but I'm unsure about this one.

On the MTAC, I love the standard "clips".

They just fit over your belt, and there's a "ledge" that kind of fits beneath your belt.

To put the holster on, and take it off, you're looking at 10 seconds tops. I can EASILY take it on and off while sitting in the drivers seat of my Jeep.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Seriously, don't be afraid. You'll find a large number of members on INGO use the same holster. Lots of review on here.

If you buy a quality holster, you will never regret it. You didn't go cheap on your carry gun, don't go cheap on the holster. You'll have a good quality EDC that will last a long time, and will work when you need it to.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Since you know you like the Crossbreed, why change? If you're just wanting to go cheaper, check out crossbreedseconds.com for discounted holsters. Same holster, just minor aesthetic blemishes (which are not of ANY concern on an IWB rig, IMO), send your cash, and get your holster. Everyone I've talked to that got theirs off of there has a hard time figuring out what/where the blemish even is.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I just checked the seconds site for you. Assuming you're a righty, they have Supertucks for as little as $35.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Another vote for MTAC. I actually had the Supertuck first and ended up settling on the MTAC. I was concerned about the plastic clips initially but they're still going strong after almost 2 years.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I appreciate the replies and now realize the post was somewhat pointless. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I'll go with the Supertuck seconds. I tried an Old Faithful with a G17(similar size) and the clip design was the same as the MTAC. The bottom of the clips stuck out, inside my pants, and it appeared that I had a major case of hemorrhoids or something.

Thanks again!

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Top Bottom