• ...and so much more!
  • mgross28

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Richmond
    So I bought a M&P 2.0 compact with the optic cut thinking I would try a red dot. After trying the red dot I think I want to stick with irons. They come with suppressor height sights which are nice but but not ideal when not using a dot. I can’t for the life of me find regular sights to fit since the rear sight is different from regular M&P. It looks like the new metal frame sights would fit or the core models maybe. Anyone else come across this and have some input where I can find some?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So I bought a M&P 2.0 compact with the optic cut thinking I would try a red dot. After trying the red dot I think I want to stick with irons. They come with suppressor height sights which are nice but but not ideal when not using a dot. I can’t for the life of me find regular sights to fit since the rear sight is different from regular M&P. It looks like the new metal frame sights would fit or the core models maybe. Anyone else come across this and have some input where I can find some?
    Can you find out what kind of cut it is? If it's a Glock cut, then you could get a Glock sight to fit it.

I had my 2.0 Compact milled and that is what they had to do in order to retain a rear sight. I understand that you bought yours from Smith that way, but there isn't much room left to have a lot of options I would think.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I had a 2.0 slide milled for optic and they milled for a glock rear sight.

I have a 2.0 metal frame that is optic ready as well.

Just using my dial calipers the base of the sights are not the same size.

This is not a pro statement, just saying what I see. Both mine are FS

Maybe check the SW forum?

Top Bottom