• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I haven't seen anybody posting their experiences with Lyman products. I have used them over the years and found their quality to be equal or better than others, like RCBS, Hornady, Dillon, etc. I have a Lyman bullet casting furnace, moulds, dies, and now a Lyman 1200 DPS 3. Do any of you use Lyman reloading products?

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Lyman powder measures-2, scales,case trimmer,dies-8 sets,tumblers-2, so yes,great products.Some people wont use it unless it says RCBS,Dillion,etc,they don't know any better,they would rather pay for name.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I drink every color Kool-Aid available including some that have not been available for some years now. Some companies have products that perform certain tasks more to my liking than others, so that is what I use. The only big problem most ever have with Lyman is from their customer service which sucks compaired to others.

BTW Mike, I hope your 1200 DPS 3 has the latest updades as some of the early models had some strange happenings. This is one of the items RCBS has done a better job with.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Lyman 1200 DPS 3 that I have is fantastic! This is the latest model. the previous model is the Lyman 1200 DPS 2. The automatic feature is the latest advancement that I know of. Simply punch in the buttons for the amount of powder you want and every time you place the pan on the scale, it automatically dispenses the charge. I've loaded 500 measured rounds of match .223 with it so far and it is great. It has a trickle feature and you can program commonly used charges. I don't see how anyone could improve on it.:dunno:

I have Dillon, RCBS, Hornady, Forster, Sinclair and Lee products as well as the Lyman. I have had to send in things to Lyman a couple of times over the decades that I've been reloading. I never had a problem with their customer service. I haven't used their customer service in a very long time though, maybe ten years, so things may have changed.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I used Lyman customer service last summer when I broke a decapping pin on a berdan primed case (my fault). They sent me a new decapping pin free of charge.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I have some Lyman stuff and really like it. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion in fact better than some of the others.
    I have seen both the DPSIII and the Chargmaster in operation and will say the DPSIII is much faster than the CM. I too see no way to improve on the design top of the heap in my opinion and some day I may have to have one.

Top Bottom