• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I had this thought: What possible negative outcome could there be if when a police officer pulls you over and when he approaches the car you say, "just to let you know I'm recording the conversation." He might think he should treat you a little nicer. Some might say that he could get all jackboot on you but that wouldn't make sense. He would think it would end up on YouTube. You could say that might make a point by giving me a ticket rather than a warning. Plenty of people get tickets without recording the conversation. Besides that I've got the money to pay it. I don't think he would say, "I'm taking you into custody for lying to me. You didn't record the conversation like you said you were. I figure it's sort of like when you're getting lousy waitress service so you lay a $10 bill on the table, she thinks it might be a future tip if she ups the quality of the service. Then just as you leave you pick up the ten and replace with what you think she deserves. Try it. It works.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I had this thought: What possible negative outcome could there be if when a police officer pulls you over and when he approaches the car you say, "just to let you know I'm recording the conversation." He might think he should treat you a little nicer. Some might say that he could get all jackboot on you but that wouldn't make sense. He would think it would end up on YouTube. You could say that might make a point by giving me a ticket rather than a warning. Plenty of people get tickets without recording the conversation. Besides that I've got the money to pay it. I don't think he would say, "I'm taking you into custody for lying to me. You didn't record the conversation like you said you were. I figure it's sort of like when you're getting lousy waitress service so you lay a $10 bill on the table, she thinks it might be a future tip if she ups the quality of the service. Then just as you leave you pick up the ten and replace with what you think she deserves. Try it. It works.

This idea is not even worthy of a thread on the internet.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It's been done several dozen times just to me. It usually doesn't change my demeanor or actions. First a lot of officers are carrying their own recording devices because a lot of people are making false statements about their actions. They usually don't appear on youtube they usually appear in court. When I'm told this I usually ask to get my better side or make some type of joke. But the big thing is most all officers can usually tell if a person is not telling the truth. Besides if you aren't blazing up the streets, what's the worse that can happen...a ticket? If you secretly record the conversation and he screws up then shame on him.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's been done several dozen times just to me. It usually doesn't change my demeanor or actions.

From reading several of your posts you sound like one of the good guys, so why would it ever change your actions?

First a lot of officers are carrying their own recording devices because a lot of people are making false statements about their actions.

I personally think that recording devices should be mandatory for all officers, but since they aren't I know for a fact that if I were a PO and worked in a department that didn't issue them, I'd come out of my own pocket to have one.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Heck I don't care if someone records the stop or not...I am recording video anyway. It does not change a thing. On the other hand if the driver wants to be all threatening and a general PITA when they are in the wrong, well lets just say it can be exspensive.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    What do you have to lose from tricking some poor waitress?

Your dignity.

But lots to gain...never screw with the person making or bringing your food. Unless you like the idea of your food being enhanced with spit, snot, or other body fluids. If someone pulled that ten dollar crap on me, I'd remember. It would only happen once without some sort of retaliation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    But lots to gain...never screw with the person making or bringing your food. Unless you like the idea of your food being enhanced with spit, snot, or other body fluids. If someone pulled that ten dollar crap on me, I'd remember. It would only happen once without some sort of retaliation.

I agree you better try that one at a place that you will never go to again,or better yet not at all.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Instead of lieing about it, why not just actually record it on your cell. Almost every cell phone has a voice recorder now days. The way I see it, good cops (and the majority are) have nothing to hide and their attitude wont change much. Its the bad ones that we need protection from. The bottom line is, we should be treated with respect and within the law. In return, they deserve the same.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    From reading several of your posts you sound like one of the good guys, so why would it ever change your actions?
    My actions wouldn't be changed.

I personally think that recording devices should be mandatory for all officers, but since they aren't I know for a fact that if I were a PO and worked in a department that didn't issue them, I'd come out of my own pocket to have one.

My demeanor rarely changes. When I stop a car I don't have it in mind to arrest or give a person a ticket. I let the incident unfold to allow myself the ability to see if the person needs to be given a break or if society itself would benefit itself by this person being placed in the system (ticket, written warning, or arrest). My demeanor doesn't change and if it was phrased wrong, my mistake. As far as the recording devices, it will be sooner than later.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got a ticket in 78, since then I have been pulled over 3-4 times. All of them were either verbal or written warnings. I always treated the officer as I wanted to be treated with courtesy and respect. Why would I change now?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You can record without notification in Indiana right? I saw a patient last night whose daughter had the iPhone concealed in her lap on voice memo while I was there. Did not improve her mom's care and really irritated me.

Record if you want, but don't lie or notify IMO

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Heck I don't care if someone records the stop or not...I am recording video anyway. It does not change a thing. On the other hand if the driver wants to be all threatening and a general PITA when they are in the wrong, well lets just say it can be exspensive.

So you determine what you ticket a person with by how they act instead of the law? Just a little confused because it has happened before to me where the other side is wrong and I could be viewed as a PITA.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you determine what you ticket a person with by how they act instead of the law? Just a little confused because it has happened before to me where the other side is wrong and I could be viewed as a PITA.

I have heard that if you are a PITA in a restaurant, sometimes your food gets spit upon. I think being a PITA often has bad consequences.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Well, I was raised to treat others as you would like to be treated. And since I don't like to be lied to, I assume others don't as well. So I don't do it.

Top Bottom