• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Rhino and I had plans to meet at the Forum in Crawfordsville. After nearly blowing off his fake sales call (yes I own my home - no I'm not interested in vinyl siding) he let me know he was en route. I entered the restaurant cautiously, scanned the crowd and assumed I had beaten him there. Then he waved from the table directly in front of me and I realized I was dealing with a master of tactical blending and urban cammo.:):

We both ordered from the breakfast menu (which is served all day at the Forum.) I had the meatlover's omelette and side of bacon. He had the steak and eggs with side of bacon.

The bacon was very good. Not too thin, chewy but not underdone, just a hint of smoky maple. I could have taken it a little crispier but was not disappointed in any way. We discussed starting and ending meals with bacon, the prefered method of layering burgers (bacon - beef - cheese -bacon,) etc.

I hadn't seen Rhino in 25 years or so but remembered him as being an excellent driver. OK, not really... he was a madman.:laugh:

We discussed INGO, training, jobs, life and food. Had a great time watching this smooth talker woo the ladies. From our waitress to the sweet nun and her friend, he flattered them all, making them blush and giggle like schoolgirls as they passed the table or stopped to chat.

Definitely worth braving the arctic conditions to meet my old pal again. I found him here on INGO a few months ago. Hasn't changed a bit.:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was indeed a good time! The last time I saw ATM was when he was in junior high school and I was in high school. He was in our karate class and we had a memorable trip to one of many tournaments that still inspires stories among those who were there. I did indeed drive like a madman in those days, and I realize I was blessed to have survived (and to not have killed anyone else!).

The food today was excellent, especially the bacon. The company was better. It is indeed a strange world in which we live where two people can randomly encounter each other on a computer forum and realize they'd known each other more than a quarter of a century prior. He actually recognized me from the photo on my profile and followed with a private message re-introducing himself. I thank him for that.

ATM has changed, though. He's a lot taller and can grow a beard. By contrast, I'm not much taller, and I still can't grow a beard (still waiting for puberty).

One thing is the same about ATM, though. He still can't fly very well! :D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    What, no scantily clad women or bikini car washes involved. The story was only saved with the 2 sides of Bacon ;) ordered

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Love the Forum! Just a stone's throw from my grandma's house.

Next time y'all meet for lunch, you need to go to Country Corner in Darlington. hehe

-J-

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What, no scantily clad women or bikini car washes involved. The story was only saved with the 2 sides of Bacon ;) ordered

And seven mentions of the sacred word between them. :bowdown:
    bacondance.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We not only dined on bacon, we spoke of bacon, often and fondly. We compared the respective merits of the Hardee's Monster Burger vs. Wendy's Baconator.

And we discussed the proper actions to take when served a bacon-enhanced burger (or is that burger-supported bacon) with bacon that is essentially raw.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We not only dined on bacon, we spoke of bacon, often and fondly. We compared the respective merits of the Hardee's Monster Burger vs. Wendy's Baconator.

And we discussed the proper actions to take when served a bacon-enhanced burger (or is that burger-supported bacon) with bacon that is essentially raw.

:flamethrower:? (For-ah say fortunately, ah keep a propane torch in mah cah foh just such an emuhgency...) :hehe:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah, like rhino would ever share a meal. :):

It is easier than you think.;)

All that is required is to ask rhino about his new flashlight, he will then immediately remove flashlight from one of his pockets, and in the course of showing it to you, he will inadvertantly blind himself with it. This is when you make a quick "go" for whatever is on his plate that you desire!:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

All that is required is to ask rhino about his new flashlight, he will then immediately remove flashlight from one of his pockets, and in the course of showing it to you, he will inadvertantly blind himself with it. This is when you make a quick "go" for whatever is on his plate that you desire!:D

From what I hear, you are lucky to still have all of your fingers...And both hands for that matter.:):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

He has had more mishaps with a flashlight than any three people I know combined.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We also discussed carry methods for one's personal BOB. We were in complete agreement that your BOB (Baggie Of Bacon) should be concealed (I jump the fence here from my usual defense of OC for a handgun.)

Exposed bacon will make you a target. Not a good tactical move.:D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    1410 Darlington Ave. They have a little of everything but are best known for breakfasts.

Cool, thanks :)

We're still trying to figure out where the yummy eats are, though we've got all those fast food joints down 231 less than a mile away.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Cool, thanks :)

We're still trying to figure out where the yummy eats are, though we've got all those fast food joints down 231 less than a mile away.

For more yummy eats in the area... B-fast and lunch: There's a nice little restaurant in Darlington...actually inside the Marathon filling station right on SR 47.

Another place, called Uncle Smiley's, is at the bottom of the hill, on your left, as you leave town on 136 to the WEST. If you pass over Sugar Creek, you've gone too far.

There used to be a decent little coffee shop / cafe-type place at College and Water, open for b-fast and lunch.

It's been through MANY owners, but the restaurant that's directly across the parking lot (to the East) from the Form USED to be pretty good. I can't remember now what the name of the place is.

The restaurant at the Holiday Inn is decent...

There's the ever-present Applebee's.

And you can't live in Crawfordsville and not eat at Little Mexico, right down town.

Please, if you know what's good for you, never go to KFC. At least not the one in The Ville. hehe

My grandma makes pretty good food, but she doesn't run a restaurant. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to stop in there for a bite. :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    For more yummy eats in the area... B-fast and lunch: There's a nice little restaurant in Darlington...actually inside the Marathon filling station right on SR 47.

Another place, called Uncle Smiley's, is at the bottom of the hill, on your left, as you leave town on 136 to the WEST. If you pass over Sugar Creek, you've gone too far.

There used to be a decent little coffee shop / cafe-type place at College and Water, open for b-fast and lunch.

It's been through MANY owners, but the restaurant that's directly across the parking lot (to the East) from the Form USED to be pretty good. I can't remember now what the name of the place is.

The restaurant at the Holiday Inn is decent...

There's the ever-present Applebee's.

And you can't live in Crawfordsville and not eat at Little Mexico, right down town.

Please, if you know what's good for you, never go to KFC. At least not the one in The Ville. hehe

My grandma makes pretty good food, but she doesn't run a restaurant. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to stop in there for a bite. :D

Thanks!
    We stumbled across Uncle Smiley's, while we were driving around trying to figure out where things were, it was good.

We had only been here one day when our friends drug us to Little Mexico's LOL. Oh man, that is superb!

Top Bottom