• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    OK I am a law student that is asking law question, why because I like other people thoughts on issue.

I have my CCW license that is due to expire in June of 09. And of course I am going to get the lifetime. I believe I can renew 6 months in advance. So I will be doing so in Feb.

My question is: My address on my drivers license and current CCW is my parent’s home address. which is in another county (delaware). I currently have an apt in Marion and will for at least another year. I move apts. about every year so I have kept it at my parents to avoid the hassle. First, am I in violation of law? If not, would renewing my LTCH with my parents address be ok?

I do not “live” at my parents. But my “important” mail is still sent there. I am registered to vote there. My driver lic. is there. And most importantly my dog is there:D.

If you look at the domicile laws I believe I am ok. However, I think I am probably in violation of the handgun permit laws since 90% of my time is not spent at that address.

Thoughts?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If your in school, most of the time you can still claim your parents house as your permanent residence. I know there are stipulations around this but Im not sure what they are specifically.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I would use my current address for my carry application. That way it will come to your apartment when its done. Also, sending it to your apartment will make everything clean. I don't believe changing your address with the state police is difficult at all. I'd just keep it simple by doing what would appear to be clearly ok.

And I hope your semester went well!

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I would use my current address for my carry application. That way it will come to your apartment when its done. Also, sending it to your apartment will make everything clean. I don't believe changing your address with the state police is difficult at all. I'd just keep it simple by doing what would appear to be clearly ok.

And I hope your semester went well!

Does your carry application address have to match your driver's lic? IF so, then I would have to change me DL also.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The address change process is described in detail on the pink paper that is your lifetime permit. ISP needs a notification of address change within 30 days, but your permit does not need to be redone to reflect the new address. There is a $20 charge if you choose to do this.

LifetimePermitInstructionsLarge.jpg

Last edited:

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I did it over e-mail last year when I moved. You might have to do it every time you move until you get a more permanent residence but I had no issues.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    your legel address can only be 1 place now, your SS tax info, driver lic, ltch all have to match...
    lots of people losing driver lic. over this..

if you are a full time student & file taxes & vote at your parents. then use that for your LTCH...

Top Bottom