• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Lottery has the right to release your name to the public and press. It's all written in the rules of the game. Good luck with that should you ever actually win.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I've heard of past winners wishing to remain anonymous and using a lawyer as a proxy to claim their winnings.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Lottery has the right to release your name to the public and press. It's all written in the rules of the game. Good luck with that should you ever actually win.

Actually, you can have as much privacy as you want... their is no law that requires your identity to be published, that's just a marketing ploy for the lottery.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you win the lottery, the first thing you should do is move out of state... well throw a party first

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    No way i'm moving out of state if I win. I'll just put on my grey futuristic suit, grab my hairless cat, and move into my new fort/evil lair, complete with a moat filled with ill tempered sea bass. I almost forgot the claymores, lots and lots of claymores.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    No way i'm moving out of state if I win. I'll just put on my grey futuristic suit, grab my hairless cat, and move into my new fort/evil lair, complete with a moat filled with ill tempered sea bass. I almost forgot the claymores, lots and lots of claymores.

Where are you guys finding all these claymores???? I have a 13 yr old daughter that's going to want start dating in 3 years or so and some claymores may be handy to have. :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    thats what a trust and a good lawyer is for :)

You'll never find a lawyer that good. Not in between the time while the Lottery holds your money (fighting you in court), and when you decide "the heck with it, take my name and picture and give me my money1"

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Stolen winning lottery tickets are rarely claimed for their prizes successfully. The lottery has investigators (most retired police officers with investigative experience) and they are paid to make sure everything is on the up and up.

A lot of people also don't realize that the lottery is tied into a database which will inform them if someone has a judgment against them for things like child support. Walk in with a winning scratch off for $10,000 but owe $15,000 in child support? Congratulations, now you're only $5000 behind.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Double checked and talked to someone I know that had a substantial lottery win. Short answer is "Yes" you can remain anonymous and it will involve lawyers.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Each state has different laws on claiming by yourself or via Trust/Proxy.

Saying that you must be ID'd individually isn't always the case.

-J-

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    A good read before starting work, so the Guy had a fake winner ticket (bought at a novelty store)? What was he doing? Showing off the ticket and claiming he hit the $$$?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Where are you guys finding all these claymores???? I have a 13 yr old daughter that's going to want start dating in 3 years or so and some claymores may be handy to have. :D

Haven't you been listening to the news? According to Napolitono and the Mexicans you can pick them up at any Toys R Us, CVS, Wal Mart, etc. Along with .50 cal machine guns, RPGs, full auto "assault rifles", whatever that is.:rockwoot:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Haven't you been listening to the news? According to Napolitono and the Mexicans you can pick them up at any Toys R Us, CVS, Wal Mart, etc. Along with .50 cal machine guns, RPGs, full auto "assault rifles", whatever that is.:rockwoot:

Don't support Toys R Us; they are anti 2A. Get your claymores from a Pro 2A Business.

Top Bottom