• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    The Federal Reserve is an agency of the government, created by congress. It is owned by the member banks. Don't carry a gun into any of the 12 regional Federal Reserve banks or their branches.
    That is wrong.
    The Federal Reserve is NOT an agency of the government.
    The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 allowed the formation of a private bank.
    Congress then established the 12 regional branches (so it didn't seem like a monopoly).
    Congress also provides the illusion of oversight and supposedly (but never has) altered the powers of Federal Reserve by statute.
    If you cannot see this distinction, read this court case where the court rules that Federal Reserve is a private corporation:
    Court Rules Fed is Privately Owned

Why is it that you believe that the Federal Reserve is on US government property?
    I cannot find any evidence that the government is leasing land to the private bank.
    In the case of private property, it is NOT illegal to carry there.
    The only offense could be trespass if you do not leave when asked.
    (it is not federal property, or an international port, or a school..)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    If the cops take action against your permit, 1) you'll win and 2) you have grounds for yet another suit against them. The cops really screwed up here and need to be thrown off the department.

That's not what I conservation officer in Ft. Wayne has to say about the matter.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Not trying to be a jerk but thats one of the reasons why I don't open carry. Yes I enjoy the freedom to own and carry a pistol on me for protection but there is a limit to it. Times have change and peacocking a pistol around for others to see isn't smart.

Keep it concealed and have peace of mind.
    I agree with you but watch out! I post very little here after I was thrashed for your same views.

With that said, let's try to be adults. FWPD has an internal affairs dept. Gather all info and statements and file a complaint with the department. The chief is a douchebag but he does have to respect the law.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

thumper31768

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    thats ok 2 weeks ago i had a greenfield sheriff come up behind me (they all know i carry) and grabed my gun with out saying police or sheriff when i went to grab for it he told me to let go or i will be shot

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    thats ok 2 weeks ago i had a greenfield sheriff come up behind me (they all know i carry) and grabed my gun with out saying police or sheriff when i went to grab for it he told me to let go or i will be shot

Sounds like a very dumb Sheriff just asking to receive a very painful lesson. :n00b:

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    It's not peacocking..... If the polic say to me there no excuse for ignorance of the law then they should listen to their own advice. I was excercising a right not showing off.

country69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    East Chicago IN
    Get a lawyer.It happened to me to in East chicago in.when the chief of police found out he informed our leo's open carry is legel and i dropped the whole thing.but i was reminded that covering my firearm is not illegel and any lawful order giving to me by a leo in the pubic interist i'm should follow to be a proper person to have my permit.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Get a lawyer.It happened to me to in East chicago in.when the chief of police found out he informed our leo's open carry is legel and i dropped the whole thing.but i was reminded that covering my firearm is not illegel and any lawful order giving to me by a leo in the pubic interist i'm should follow to be a proper person to have my permit.

Not sure I agree with the last part...

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Ok here's the deal I was never handcuffed. This thread is gonna go on another rant rampage. I've contacted lawyers filed complaints and threw a fit. In the end I can do nothing than I've already done. End of story.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

This is crazy, I would have had some serious words for that guy! He keeps that up and he'll be lucky not to get a reverse elbow straight to the head.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    This is what I would like to know, and WHERE it happened .....

IF this did happen, you need to contact the Chief Deputy, Munden. He is a VERY nice guy.

That story is unacceptable, especially if the deputy was joking.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Email to Russell York "Chief of Police" Fort Wayne

Chief York,

Is it illegal to open carry a firearm in the city of Fort Wayne? I have a LTCH "Licence To Carry Handgun" permit issued from the Indiana State Police.

I sent the above email to Russell York "Chief of Police in Fort Wayne"

I will post his response.

This is a very concerning issue, as I visit family in Fort Wayne.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield

I'm going to raise the on this one. According to another post made at the same time as this one he is not even legally allowed to be carrying a gun.

Top Bottom