• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am retiring my Gerber Mark II after nearly 2 decades of service to our country, units and myself. It has suffered a debilitating injury for which it is being medically retired to a place over my mantle.

I am interested in replacing it with a similar blade style. I kinda got used to it. I am here to entertain suggestions from those who our far more knowledgeable on this subject.

Thanks!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I had thought of that. I just don't care for serrations on most of the newer style that you find. Straight blades are much easier to care for in Tenbuctwo.

Really wanting a quality blade now that I am not make '80's Private pay...

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I probably would go with a Boker Applegate- Fairbairn if I was looking for a double bladed knife.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I believe I saw a Mark II in a Ft. Wayne shop (Ranger Supply) that was listed as the first generation for $200+. It may be worth a call to find out if you enjoyed your first one so well. :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    One of the reasons I am looking at a different direction is I am trying to get the Quillions repaired on the old one.

I have used the Applegate-Fairbairn before it is a strange feel in my hand... Just didn't like the weight, grip, I can't really explain it better than that.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You don't strike me as an impatient man. If you've got the time (4 year wait) and want a dagger similar to, but better than, the current incarnation of Gerber MkIIs, then you want a Randall Model 2 Fighting Stiletto.

You'll probably find one in a case but will pay a 60% premium.

http://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=29

military2-big.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You don't strike me as an impatient man. If you've got the time (4 year wait) and want a dagger similar to, but better than, the current incarnation of Gerber MkIIs, then you want a Randall Model 2 Fighting Stiletto.
    http://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=29

LOL! Patience depends on whom you haves asked... I am just looking for Quality, Function, and Fit. This will be a tool that my life may depend on so failure is NOT an option on the part of the tool.

But you are right those Randall's are the closest to what I am looking at right now. Just need to get my hands on one to feel it now.

Top Bottom