• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agentdw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I am wanting to get a little feedback on the Double Diamond 9mm lowers, or the Lone Wolf 9mm lower. They are both now set up to use Glock mags. Has anyone used either one of these for a pistol build, if so what is your opinion. I would also like to know what is the most reliable 9mm pistol upper in the 10 to 11in range.

Thanks....

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I started to build a 9mm AR pistol quite a few years ago.
    Halfway through the process I realized I was basically building a TEC-9 but twice as heavy, almost twice the length, and at least 3 times the cost.
    I built something else instead.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    As a 16" barrelled carbine, I would LOVE the idea of a 9mm AR that took Glock mags. This is the first I have heard of this lower. Do they make completed rifles as well? I deffinitely not knowledgeable about the AR platform, but would love a companion carbine to the Glock other than the Sub2000...

agentdw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yes they do make complete rifles. I was just hoping that someone around here had used one of these lowers for any build, and what they thought of the quality.

agentdw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Trying this again.

No one has built an AR pistol in 9mm. Just looking for some info if anone has used the Lone Wolf, or Double Diamond lowers in a 9mm pistol build.

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I just looked at the lone wolf lower. $350 and it's backordered. Add their 9mm upper for another $650 and you're right a grand just for a 9mm carbine. For that kind of money why not just buy a beretta storm, magazines, and ammo and still have money left over. Don't get me wrong a 9mm AR would be cool. I just don't understand why someone can't make an affordable one. Somewhere in the $600 range. I looked at the "JRC" just right carbine but I don't like the bolt design. It reminds me of a thompson. I had a really bad experience with a thompson that had a OOB detonation. The firing pin got stuck in the bolt and when it slammed the live cartridge home it detonated showering me with hot gasses and schapnel. Not fun.

Top Bottom