• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    The carbine is a great idea since she does not plan to carry. The Hi-Point 995 9mm can be had for about $170 BRAND NEW, add a decent LED flashlight an a couple boxes of good hollow points and you are all set. She can keep it in her car, by her bed etc.

I have shot both the Hi-Point 995 and 4095 (same as 995, but chambered in .40S&W). They are also coming out with the 4595 (.45ACP) around the first of next year I hear. For the price they are excellent shooting guns, there are some cool upgrades for them too, like stocks, triggers, charging handles, rails etc if customization is her thing.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER... a .38 revolver will never jam will always go bang when the trigger is pulled and if you get a bad ammo just pull the trigger again,,, no need to clear a mis fire.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I think Hi-Points have a bad reputation because everyone hears the "friend of a friend has one that jams all the time" story. Go out and shoot one your self, I am sure you could find one at just about any range, or heck, buy one for $129 and give it a fair shot.

Sure there are better guns out there (sigs, kimbers, glocks, etc), but unless I am missing something those cost about FOUR TIMES AS MUCH! Its just like any hobby, there is entry level equipment, and there is high-end equipment, and what you get depends on your level of interest in the hobby and the funding you have available to invest.

Quite honestly I have no idea how Hi-Point turns a profit selling AMERICAN MADE firearms for as cheap as they do while offering a LIFETIME warranty that covers anything you can think of including neglect. Heck, they even give you an extra magazine everytime you send your gun in for repairs, refurbishing or even a basic cleaning!

Last I checked glock's official warranty period is ONE YEAR (even though they seem to be great about taking care of their customers after the one-year warranty is up).

For the money I challenge you to find a better firearm.

Edit: But that's for another thread, its getting off topic for this thread.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've seen at least half a dozen hi-point carbines at 3-gun matches and all of them functioned without any issues.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Also the beretta carbines are nice and if you have almost any beretta pistol in 9mm .40 or .45 there is a beretta carbine that accepts the same mags as your pistol, which means that 32 rounder will come in handy.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My daughter is soon to be 18. I plan to take her to the range when she comes here this summer and let her have at it. I taught her how too shoot when she was very young but its been awhile and she has grown so i will let her choose what shes gonna carry..

pinshootrs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    a glock with a ny trigger, no saftey to worry about in stress situations, no accidental discharge, you have to want to pull the trigger , reliable

Top Bottom