• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Hoping someone can point me in the direction of some old gas stations throughout Indiana. Would like to take some road trips when the weather breaks this spring and snap a picture with my Camaro.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• A29274B8-CACF-4A85-9AF7-ED4F4A3CCE64.jpeg
      A29274B8-CACF-4A85-9AF7-ED4F4A3CCE64.jpeg
      114.2 KB · Views: 22

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I think there's one in Milton but somebody lives there. Fountain city has one that looks like it's operating as an unloved car storage area. You can use Google maps street view to check them out before you hit the road. There's a really cool corner store that looks like they just removed the pumps and awning in Hagerstown on the main drag.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Plymouth, IN has a nice old gas station with antique police car and a wrecker if I remember correctly. East of the Dairy Queen on old 30. South side of the road.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A little outside Indiana, but given your user name and quest for old gas stations, you really should visit Amboy, California;)

roys-cafe-sign-jbremner.jpg

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Come to Auburn. We have 3 I can think of off my head. 2 are closed and a bit rough but the one is owned by a local guy. It is a Sinclair I believe. Neon signs and all. It on North Main st, Auburn IN 46706

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kinda reminds me of an old movie I remember watching on cable as a kid. Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith ("flying" an F-86) and totally cringey.

But, one of the plot devices was Majors and a kid were escaping something and using gas hand-pumped from the bottom of old gas station tanks. (This is pre-superfund.)

Good luck!

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Kinda reminds me of an old movie I remember watching on cable as a kid. Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith ("flying" an F-86) and totally cringey.

But, one of the plot devices was Majors and a kid were escaping something and using gas hand-pumped from the bottom of old gas station tanks. (This is pre-superfund.)

Good luck!
    The Last Chase

Top Bottom