• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Having read your posts that state that you bought the XD45C three weeks ago and have finally got around to shooting it, I won't recommend a new carry gun for you. I will say thank you for the review of the XD. Do you think that the compact grip is what you don't like? Maybe try the full length magazine w/grip extension?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Karl Arms

I have a Kahr Arms MK40 (25oz with clip) in SS, top shelf quality but rather on the heavy side so I would recommend the PM40 (17.5 oz with clip). Most of the LE people are carrying 40S&W so it must be enough stopping power as far as the professional who depend on their firearm to save their life in an emergency situation. Karl makes some of the best PP hand guns on the market. :twocents:

Last edited:

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Having read your posts that state that you bought the XD45C three weeks ago and have finally got around to shooting it, I won't recommend a new carry gun for you. I will say thank you for the review of the XD. Do you think that the compact grip is what you don't like? Maybe try the full length magazine w/grip extension?

No the grip is nice either way. I shot it with the short and long mags. I almost like the short magazine better.

I think I am just so used to Glocks that the slight differences in the XD are just new and different to me. Probably just need a little time to get adjusted. Like I said, I am pleased with it so far. Probably need to take it out a couple more times and get a little more used to it. Also need to look into some XS Big Dots for it. Love them on my G19.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    ETA: Bought an XD45c. See page 6 for my thoughts on it.

I am in the market for a new carry gun. Currently use a Glock 19. Would like something about the same size, but considering moving to .45 ACP. Really looking hard at the M&P45 compact. Anybody have any other ideas? Thanks.

XD .45 compact?, also the M&P's are exelent guns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    XD .45 compact?, also the M&P's are exelent guns.

Yeah....they came out with a standard length slide with a shortened grip since folks had been doing that on their own with the other models. I believe it only lost a round or two with the shortening. I had the original XD45 and while it shot well the butt was very difficult to conceal easily. With the ability to use standard mags for reloading I would choose the 45compact version for CCW.

I will say that I believe the Glock 45s have less perceived recoil, and this probably because of the lower bore axis compared to the XD....of course I might have had my head off-center and that could have affected my opinion.

Good luck with your purchase.

Top Bottom