• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I am looking at a SPRINGFIELD 1911 ULTRA COMPACT 45, it has a 3.5" RAMPED BULL BARREL. The price is $650 OK deal?

Looking for opinions, on this modification with possible negative impact on the gun. Looks like not done properly it can mess up the gun.

I have a Colt 1911 full size and would like something smaller.
    Any experience with SA and there 1911's and compact problems.

To avoid looking like I am trying to push up my post count.
    What compact .45acp would you suggest.

Thanks in advance.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I am looking at a SPRINGFIELD 1911 ULTRA COMPACT 45, it has a 3.5" RAMPED BULL BARREL. The price is $650 OK deal?
    Not sure... Check GunBroker and the Classifieds here and see what they're going for, then subtract probably $100 or $200 for the 'panic' inflation.

Looking for opinions, on this modification with possible negative impact on the gun. Looks like not done properly it can mess up the gun.
    Well, it depends on what you're wanting to do and whether your modifications have a purpose or you're doing them just for the sake of doing them.

That being said - any modification can have a possible negative impact on the firearm be it done poorly/improperly or 'overdone'.

I have a Colt 1911 full size and would like something smaller.
    Any experience with SA and there 1911's and compact problems.
    They seem fine, made in Croatia unless I'm mistaken? They're on the cheaper end of the scale from what I've seen.

To avoid looking like I am trying to push up my post count.
    What compact .45acp would you suggest.
    Depends what you're after - I mean - you could go with an XDs which is a sub-compact .45.

Thanks in advance.
    Sure.

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Not sure... Check GunBroker and the Classifieds here and see what they're going for, then subtract probably $100 or $200 for the 'panic' inflation.

Well, it depends on what you're wanting to do and whether your modifications have a purpose or you're doing them just for the sake of doing them.
    Mod's already done. So it could be a plus or minus. Reason for asking. From what I have read, seems to be done to help with keeping the gun on target.

That being said - any modification can have a possible negative impact on the firearm be it done poorly/improperly or 'overdone'.
    Agreed that is my concern, wondering if this mod is easy to screw up.
    They seem fine, made in Croatia unless I'm mistaken? They're on the cheaper end of the scale from what I've seen.
    Cheaper as in price or quality. One does not have to go with the other. I am not buying the gun just to say I have a (name your gun) Looking for very dependable gun since it will be a carry gun. If I have to wait to get a more reliable gun so be it.

Depends what you're after - I mean - you could go with an XDs which is a sub-compact .45.

Sure.

If you where getting a subcompact .45acp carry gun what would it be.
    The gun you would put your ass on the line with.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom