• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    use as a set for a Gunbunnies photo shoot. Looking for a hill of spent 22 LR cases large enough for a GB model to sit on and put 22 LR cases all around her as the background. Preferably the location would be in Indiana and possibly in Northern Indiana, but if anyone here has a location with such a set please let me know.... here or PM me... Thanks...

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Sounds like a job for photoshop. If not that, you can build up a mound with dirt, clay or other material paint it brass color and simply cover over the mound with spent cases.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    use as a set for a Gunbunnies photo shoot. Looking for a hill of spent 22 LR cases large enough for a GB model to sit on and put 22 LR cases all around her as the background. Preferably the location would be in Indiana and possibly in Northern Indiana, but if anyone here has a location with such a set please let me know.... here or PM me... Thanks...

If we start now we should have enough collected for ya by th end of the meet and shoot season. LOL. :ar15:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Do they have to be .22LR?

If not, you might want to contact some of the local reloading companies. I'm sure they've got drums of loose brass.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Do they have to be .22LR?

If not, you might want to contact some of the local reloading companies. I'm sure they've got drums of loose brass.

+1

Also, It might be hard to tell what they are since .22 is so small. .223 or 9mm or .45 would be very recognizable.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Look up BK Reloads in Peru... rumor has it that he has a 55gal drum half full of 22LR from all the ranges he buys brass from.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Load up your car with ammo, drive down to meet me at the range, I'll bring the .22 and we'll make a big pile of spent casings for you to take home tomorrow.:ar15:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Canav844, that was the original idea I had... with as many 22LR guns I got around here it wouldn't be too hard. Except for the effect on the wallet that is...

Bluewraith, I'll look him up...

Hoosierdoc, Normally really large Gunbunnies models don't sell that many posters.... Not sure why though...

It does have to be 22LR as the whole set idea for the images is based on the venerable 22 Rimfire....

Thankyou so far for the ideas, and keep them coming as I'm still trying to figure this one out...

I normally find all the real background stuff for a poster shot to make it real... When I shot Crystal's B&W shot with a real Army Air Corp Bomber jacket and cap, inside a real GP tent on a correct era cot, with the Tommy and the old Bomber radio in the background... It was all correct, so that's why I'm looking for the 22LR spent cases... Anyway's if you have anymore ideas drop them on me... I appreciate it...

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Green-screen & photoshop the brass in. No gal in a skimpy bikini wants to lay in a pile of used .22 brass. It's dirty & pokey. She'd be risking lead poisoning, definitely have to launder her skivvies, and it would look like a herd of cats caught her by the backside.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Well and honestly if you didn't value your time, then you could come clean up the local DNR range and be most of the way there, but it would take forever to sort out the .22 cases only.

If there's an INGO meetup of 12, and each brings 2x555 bulk packs to shoot over 2-3 hours, and you put some tarps down then that's 13,320 (so we'll say 13,300 due to manufacturer duds) spent casings, nobody's investment individually is over $45, and it's all the same cost of shooting enjoyment we'd have anyway. Which if you stood them all up on end (at .22 caliber, rounded to .2 to make it an easy 5 per liner inch, 25 per square inch works out to just shy of 4 square feet (3.69, so if you knock a few of them over it'll probably be at least 4 square feet at one layer), repeat 2-3 times over the summer (or once per month) and you'll soon have 16 or so square feet factoring our rounding down and estimations based on smallest dimensions, which would be enough brass to fill around a model shorter than 6ft tall by about one foot, without her being ontop of anything. If you can get around the shipping aspect of it, to have INGOer just start making small collections for you shouldn't be too hard either; just delivering them to you could add up costs for those that aren't local.

I've taken the same bullet backdrop idea with guns, haven't put models with it yet though. Make sure you wash it all well so it'll really shine with a soft flash.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Canav844, I like the way you think.... Ya, the model is 5' , and quite skinny.... I'll have to break out a tarp at the next NWI meet and shoot and see how that goes... Two of my models will be out there to help put 22's in too the collection...

Figley, These GB models are pretty tough... Love firearms and shooting them and work hard at getting a really good image.... I mean 38 degrees, bathing suits, and standing in a lake with a AR isn't a problem....

Hoosierdoc, You do have a point there.... Stay tuned for a new model I'm getting ready to work with towards the end of the summer....

Soooo who's gonna comeout and put some 22LR cases on the tarp this sunday at the meet and shoot in Winamac F&W firing range....

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Def sounds like a good reason to have a "Collect a truckload of .22 brass" shoot. Make it down south and I'll be more than happy to put a couple boxes through the Ruger.

Top Bottom