• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I am considering molding my own bullets for my muzzleloader this year. I have always wondered how the R.E.A.L bullets from Lee Precision have worked. I am using a modern muzzleloader (TC Triumph) and curious about performance before I invest in buying the mold. ANY help and input would be greatly appreciated.

indymadcaster

Plinker
    Mar 16, 2011
    morgan co
    MUST use pure lead! i used to shoot these in a 1-32 twist traditions 50 cal inside of 80 yards they shot great and did a good job on deer. i always deburr the mold and use beeswax to lube the mold per directions. My gun with buckhorn sights would do 2-3 inch@ 80 yards plenty for deer hunting here. Go to cast boolits forum lots of good help there and maybe someone would send you a dozen to try before you buy the mold.
    A fantastic bullet lube for conicals is 2 parts white crisco to 1 part beeswax
    Clean accurate and cheap!!!!!
    indymadcaster

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I can send you samples.

jim

That would be great!! let me know what you want for them, I REALLY appreciate the offer. What type of lead are you using, WW??

Thanks for the input Indymadcaster!! Every bit of experience and input is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom