• BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    #1. too many "like"s :):
    #2 no one from here is going to invite a stranger onto their property to shoot. Been tried several times before. Sorry that's just the harsh reality of it. Your best bet is to join a conservation club with a long range.

#1well..like..IDGAF :)
    #2 I knew it was a longshot.. and I get it. But damn, figured someone who has less access to ammo or variety of arms might be interested in trying out 30plus flavors of modern sporting rifles(lol). Even willing to provide labor, tech support, money, ammo.. I am not an *******. I don’t show up uninvited or without permission. I get it. I also don’t expect much. I do belong to a conservation club. However,there is not a conservation club that is within 70mIles with a range greater than 200yds. A scrupulous land owner could section off a 1000yd long 10ft wide parcel of land and charge to rent it.

BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    Just moved out of McCordsville after living there a few decades, you'll not find anything in that area for sure. As you have probably already figured out, most of the ag fields that could've offered anything close to what you're looking for now looks like a monopoly board with all the housing subdivisions going in, hence my departure.
    The Garsts and Jacobys are the big acerage farmers in the McCordsville/Fortville area, you can start with asking them, but go into that with low expectations.
    Good luck to ya.
    I do enjoy it out here for the most part. was most definitely more relaxed ten-15 years ago. But I don’t mind people for the most part. I am drawing a blank at pumpkin water tower.

BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    Good luck in your search. Sadly you may have to settle for shorter distances. As long as you can find some place safe to shoot absent the mag dump crowd you may be accomplishing more than you realize.

As far as I know Indiana is a fairly range friendly state surprised there are not more options out there.
    I will not settle lol.. I will not fold I will not
    break.. I will shoot distance. i have to. Otherwise having the equipment is stupid. If I don’t know if it works why own it. Smh. Drives me insane.

BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    Good luck in your search, brother. I'm in kinda the same boat ... typically make the ~80-minute drive to/from Bass & Bucks when I can, but it's a public range and I've had some hella sketchy experiences there. Frankly shocked there aren't more 300+ yard options for a lot of folks around here.
    I’m down to carpool up there. also curious to hear some of these sketchy incidents, preferably before I go up there lolz. Another buddy who lives 20-30 away from B&B said it was pretty chill.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I’m down to carpool up there. also curious to hear some of these sketchy incidents, preferably before I go up there lolz. Another buddy who lives 20-30 away from B&B said it was pretty chill.

It's pretty quiet during the week which is nice, especially under the covered longer distance lanes.

However, I've been muzzle swept by idiots on the shorter lanes more times than I care to remember - once by a guy at the table next to me, who pointed the new pistol he had just bought inside at me while attempting (and thankfully failing) to load a mag. I've had my targets at 100 yards shot up by turd blasters dumping mags on the 50 and even pistol lanes. I've seen people start reloading or otherwise playing with firearms during colds while I'm downrange. And I had one [unholy language redacted so I don't catch a ban] even start shooting his handgun while I was changing a target on the 200 during a cold, while orange flags were up.

It's a nice place when you're alone. It gets far less nice when you're with strangers.

• Angry
    Reactions: KG1

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I will not settle lol.. I will not fold I will not
    break.. I will shoot distance. i have to. Otherwise having the equipment is stupid. If I don’t know if it works why own it. Smh. Drives me insane.
    Makes sense there is a lot to be said for hitting steel with your 1911 at long distances. Not to Mention there is a lot of perishable skills in long distance shots. There really is a lot of effort and calculation required.

I would invite you out to our place but, that would be a bit of a drive lol. Hopefully you will get to know someone here on INGO that might be able to help you out, Good Luck.

BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    Makes sense there is a lot to be said for hitting steel with your 1911 at long distances. Not to Mention there is a lot of perishable skills in long distance shots. There really is a lot of effort and calculation required.

I would invite you out to our place but, that would be a bit of a drive lol. Hopefully you will get to know someone here on INGO that might be able to help you out, Good Luck.
    Those were kind of my thoughts as well.. not really with a 1911 but I wouldn’t mind trying mine out a ways..

kinda ironic to, Tennessee is my fav place to fish. Went to Chatanooga couple 3 weeks ago. Good ole chicamauga nickajack area.. best cat fishing ever.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Thank You for that. i will check it out further. Upon initial review, do they shoot at atterberry only? Do you compete as well?
    Yes, only shoot at Atterbury. Yes, I've shot with them, but I'm not in the competition mix. At the moment, I'm there sporadically, and just for the fun of shooting long range. Competition requires more time than I can throw at it right now.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Those were kind of my thoughts as well.. not really with a 1911 but I wouldn’t mind trying mine out a ways..

kinda ironic to, Tennessee is my fav place to fish. Went to Chatanooga couple 3 weeks ago. Good ole chicamauga nickajack area.. best cat fishing ever.
    It’s nice here. I enjoy sending lead down range with a rifle as Well. But for me I want to be confident at any range. The 21 foot rule needs to go away. Of course many do not train at all so there is that.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Thank You for that. i will check it out further. Upon initial review, do they shoot at atterberry only? Do you compete as well?
    I'm on the BOD for CIHPRS. We only shoot at Atterbury. We generally shoot every other weekend (mostly) from March to October. Usually 2nd weekend of the month is a midrange match on Saturday (20 shots for record at 300, 500, 600 yards) and a 3x1000 (20 shots per string, 3 strings for the day) match on Sunday. The 4th weekend of the month is a 3x1000 on Saturday, and a Palma match (15 shots at 800, 900, 1000 yards) on Sunday. You'll get unlimited sighters for your first string of the day, and 2 convertible sighters at the beginning of the string for your 2nd and 3rd.

We shoot on electronic targets, so the rounds have to still be supersonic at the target to register. Usually not an issue at midrange, but a .308 or .223 at 1000 yards typically requires some specialized loading.

We require you shoot at least 1 midrange match prior to shooting at 1000 yards, and you are limited on how many rounds you can throw downrange without getting on paper, but we can usually help with that (both with dope from a 100 yard zero, and with walking you in by watching the trace).

Come on out to the midrange regional match on June 25th and 26th.

Reactions: KG1
    Top Bottom