• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dale1320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Brownsburg
    If you're around the west side of Indy, I really like going to Parabellum in Avon. Nice facility and great staff that make you feel welcome.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think that is Family Indoor Shooting Range. I haven't been there myself, but a buddy told me their ventilation system doesn't work too well.

That's a familiar problem with most Indy ranges that I've been to, unfortunately. The only indoor range I've ever been to where I never had a problem with the ventilation system is BGF and they haven't been able to rebuild yet :(

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I am not sure where you are located, bt Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield is really nice. It has been there a little over a year. It is well kept, at least on safety office there all the time and is very helpful to those having trouble. 5 rifle and 10 pistol lanes with gun rental if you need it. It is just a really nice indoor range.

http://timsshootingacademy.com/

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Avoid pops/family or whatever it is. Lots of documented cases here of downright rudeness and incompetence by the staff, as well as a crappy range with little to no ventilation.

There are MUCH better options in town that are worth a drive. I'm partial to parabellum and beech grove (once they get the range rebuilt).

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It really depends on what you mean by best.

Best price? - probably Indy Trading Post on the South side, but it's pistol only, 15 yards and only 6 lanes.

Cleanest and least intimidating for new shooters? - Parabellem and Beech Grove were pretty close in that respect. Of course BGF is still out of commission since the fire. Both allow(ed) centerfire rifles and run to 25 yards.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/362468-bgf-range-fire.html

Ranges to avoid at all costs? - Pops and Don's Guns.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Just finished up at Parabellum. It's a nice range, great staff... the only drawback is that everyone knows it, so they can fill up pretty fast. This is where I do most of my shooting and firearms purchases.

Point Blank opens up in Carmel in a few weeks. They're waiting on finishing the parking lot.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    +1 for Parabellum. You can shoot darn near anything under .50 BMG it seems. Seemed to have good ventilation. Good people running the show, as well.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Give us a couple of weeks to get our parking lot in and come try Point Blank up in Carmel. 20 lanes, full bullet proof dividers, all lanes rifle rated except for .338 Lapua and .50 BMG, extremely well lit, and you can shoot your own ammo as long as it's not tracers or incendiary.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Give us a couple of weeks to get our parking lot in and come try Point Blank up in Carmel. 20 lanes, full bullet proof dividers, all lanes rifle rated except for .338 Lapua and .50 BMG, extremely well lit, and you can shoot your own ammo as long as it's not tracers or incendiary.

I'm hoping your ventilation system is top notch as well. Looking forward to trying the place out :)

catalyst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Fishers

Looking forward to it. Carmel is a lot closer drive too. That is, if I can find my way through all of the roundabouts. ;)

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I am not sure where you are located, bt Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield is really nice. It has been there a little over a year. It is well kept, at least on safety office there all the time and is very helpful to those having trouble. 5 rifle and 10 pistol lanes with gun rental if you need it. It is just a really nice indoor range.

Indoor Shooting Range and Gun Store | Westfield, Carmel and Indianapolis, IN - Tim's Shooting Academy

Have to dissagree with this being a good place.
    I found the employees to be condescending & arrogant.
    FYI. You have to buy their ammo if shooting 'military calibers' (Hust a heads up as I did not see this posted anywhere).

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Have to dissagree with this being a good place.
    I found the employees to be condescending & arrogant.
    FYI. You have to buy their ammo if shooting 'military calibers' (Hust a heads up as I did not see this posted anywhere).

What the hell is a "military caliber"?

Top Bottom