• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Very nice , kind of over the top for me but still one can appreciate nice things.
    Well, I didnt expect it to come back that way. Really I didnt, one of my childhood yaa yaa's was a sales rep for Colt. The pistol broke a sear and he was heading to the factory for work. He took it with him, I got it back a year later. He had it repaired and they tossed in the sights and trigger job.
    As he was leaving the Custom shop over another gun, someone was needing a handgun for a woman engraver to do for a journeyman to master as I recall. Rick handed him my pistol, what you see is what I got back.
    Having it engraved doesnt change much for me.
    That pistol still gets shot.
    Again, Thanks Rick.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Getting as bad? I have a few friends that are Colt people and not saying all Colt Owners are like that , they are pretty set in their opinion and you can agree with them all you want to. But get ready for the firestorm if you ask them about some of their less than stellar offerings that were being put out.
    Everyone has made junk at one time or another. If you’d asked me in 2014 if my favorite 1911 and the one that I’d on my hip every day would be a beat up looking little ATI compact I’d have called you nuts

Reactions: wcd

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yea you are. Sorry. What’s that thing sell for today in the used market? What’s any of that got to do with the OP’s actual question about two used pistols that he’s considering purchasing? Act snobby all you want. I bought what I wanted and have loved it since. Just because it doesn’t have a prancing horse on it doesn’t mean it’s less of a gun.

I swear Colt people are getting as bad as Harley people. If it’s not their brand it’s not real and must be junk attitude is tiresome
    I find it interesting when you don't agree with another member, you bring out the derogatory comments into a casual conversation.
    Have a good day.
    Oh and, This post is retorical.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I find it interesting when you don't agree with another member, you bring out the derogatory comments into a casual conversation.
    Have a good day.
    Oh and, This post is retorical.
    So you can’t answer two questions pertinent to this topic. What’s it sell for new and what’s it got to do with the OP’s question ?

Also it’s “rhetorical”.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Does the garrison have the front strap checkered? That’s the one thing I do not like on my loaded and on the titan. I found some knock-off colt delta style wraparounds that are thinner than the houges that I’ve used forever. But I’m hesitant to take away that pretty wood grip. Let’s face it part of the appeal for us 1911 fanboys is the fact they are sexy guns.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Does the garrison have the front strap checkered? That’s the one thing I do not like on my loaded and on the titan. I found some knock-off colt delta style wraparounds that are thinner than the houges that I’ve used forever. But I’m hesitant to take away that pretty wood grip. Let’s face it part of the appeal for us 1911 fanboys is the fact they are sexy guns.
    Not the ones I have noticed in stores.

Off topic I know but there are some cool videos of front strap checkering. I am firmly in the 25 lpi camp

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not the ones I have noticed in stores.

Off topic I know but there are some cool videos of front strap checkering. I am firmly in the 25 lpi camp
    I’ll probably just have Allen do it one day. I’m sure it’ll need refinished anyway at sone point

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Try these?

Another introduction from CM that I didn't think I would like until I actually tried them...Sure do miss the big guy. He would have tamped you two down many posts ago. :stickpoke:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Try these?

Another introduction from CM that I didn't think I would like until I actually tried them...Sure do miss the big guy. He would have tamped you two down many posts ago. :stickpoke:
    LOLOLOL, Tim and I were almost polar opposites when it came to firearms and reloading, but when it came to 1948 to 1984 HD's, we were brothers from different mothers and Fathers.
    I miss him...
    I bought his liberated Safety Kleen parts washer, I smile each time I turn it on.
    We had many great conversations in the old shop and in his little garage at The Compound.

Top Bottom