• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I own a SA Loaded Black Stainless and have shot a friend's Ruger. Both are nice shooters, the Ruger was slightly smoother cycling, but both were reliable. That said, if it were me, I'd spend another $200 on a Standard Manufacturing and get a nicer 1911.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My first 1911 was a Colt. 1991A1 Compact. Bought it stupid cheap. Decent gun, I had no complaints but my Springer loaded was a better made, better running gun. I think the current ATI titan compact I have is about on par with the 1991a1 in terms of fit/finish.

In all honesty almost all the current 1911’s you can buy on the market are a decent gun. Not all something you’d carry maybe but decent and live up to the 1911 name. I just need to sell my extra smith so I can get another one.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No less valid than what yov e offered. I’ve had two springers, the loaded and a mil-spec. I wouldn’t pick the Colt over either of them honestly.
    Oh darn, I was going to suggest a shoot off.
    Starting with 200gn HP and then 185 SWC.
    I was gonna bring this old Union Made POS Colt.
    20230628_150842.jpg
    But,
    Thats tough to to do when you "had"

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Glad to see a lot of the people here can read!!! The question was which used gun to buy. Not anything about Colt (I have several) not about Standard, Just about the two used guns. If I was buying new it would be a 1911 Les Baer 6" Concept V 6”.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Glad to see a lot of the people here can read!!! The question was which used gun to buy. Not anything about Colt (I have several) not about Standard, Just about the two used guns. If I was buying new it would be a 1911 Les Baer 6" Concept V 6”.
    Going to stand by my recommendation Ruger perhaps even the lightweight CMD style. While not as light as some of the others it offers a nice balance, and does not hurt your hand after sending 200 rounds down range. Hurting your wallet with the price of 45 acp maybe.

I am actually surprised it took this long to get off the rails.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh darn, I was going to suggest a shoot off.
    Starting with 200gn HP and then 185 SWC.
    I was gonna bring this old Union Made POS Colt.
    View attachment 283837
    But,
    Thats tough to to do when you "had"
    I kept my loaded. It’s a great gun with the features I wanted and cost me $680 new. There’s no need to be an intentional prick about it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Very nice , kind of over the top for me but still one can appreciate nice things.
    It’s a fine looking piece of art. Not my style but doesn’t mean it’s not pretty. Completely irrelevant to the question asked though.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I kept my loaded. It’s a great gun with the features I wanted and cost me $680 new. There’s no need to be an intentional prick about it.
    it’s still INGO?

guessing you were able to score yours before the everything has gone up increase? If I recall RK had them for around that price maybe four or five years ago? Almost picked one up, but never did, seems like it checks a lot of boxes.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Im the one being a prick? lol

That Gold Cup I posted above was less than $400.00 when I bought it.
    Oh, and two bottles of VO to get it run through the Colt Custom Shop for a trigger job, Elliasons and the engraving.
    Thanks Rick.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    it’s still INGO?

guessing you were able to score yours before the everything has gone up increase? If I recall RK had them for around that price maybe four or five years ago? Almost picked one up, but never did, seems like it checks a lot of boxes.
    Bought it at the 1500 on a Sunday back in 2014.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Irr t s a fine looking piece of art. Not my style but doesn’t mean it’s not pretty. Completely irrelevant to the question asked though.
    True but
    Irr t s a fine looking piece of art. Not my style but doesn’t mean it’s not pretty. Completely irrelevant to the question asked though.
    ok but I am still standing by my recommendation (well what works for me) Very happy with my Ruger noting sight replacement and grip replacement was a requirement I think total cost was around $800 at time including lok grips and Trijicon HD sights.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Keeping them stock or looking to upgrade? Watching the likes of CM and AllenM, it does seem that of the two, SA is a far more popular platform for modifications.

If you intend to keep them stock, then its a close draw. I would take a look at the fitment, finish work, etc and chose the "best" one.

If it was me, I'd get the Springfield of those two.

My son had a Ruger for several years and it was a fine runner and wouldn't be a wrong choice based on that single data point.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Im the one being a prick? lol

That Gold Cup I posted above was less than $400.00 when I bought it.
    Oh, and two bottles of VO to get it run through the Colt Custom Shop for a trigger job, Elliasons and the engraving.
    Thanks Rick.
    Yea you are. Sorry. What’s that thing sell for today in the used market? What’s any of that got to do with the OP’s actual question about two used pistols that he’s considering purchasing? Act snobby all you want. I bought what I wanted and have loved it since. Just because it doesn’t have a prancing horse on it doesn’t mean it’s less of a gun.

I swear Colt people are getting as bad as Harley people. If it’s not their brand it’s not real and must be junk attitude is tiresome

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Yea you are. Sorry. What’s that thing sell for today in the used market? What’s any of that got to do with the OP’s actual question about two used pistols that he’s considering purchasing? Act snobby all you want. I bought what I wanted and have loved it since. Just because it doesn’t have a prancing horse on it doesn’t mean it’s less of a gun.

I swear Colt people are getting as bad as Harley people. If it’s not their brand it’s not real and must be junk attitude is tiresome
    Getting as bad? I have a few friends that are Colt people and not saying all Colt Owners are like that , they are pretty set in their opinion and you can agree with them all you want to. But get ready for the firestorm if you ask them about some of their less than stellar offerings that were being put out.

Top Bottom