• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I propose we make attending an Appleseed clinic a requirement for everyone who serves as a lawmaker. During the history portion of the class you hear the stories of real people and what they gave to establish this great country. Let them opt out of the shooting portion if they really must, but in general our school system doesn't teach history well enough.
    I learned dates and places in school, not what really happened. The revolution seems so distant but when you hear the stories of people that bled on April 19th it doesn't feel distant. I don't want another revolution and I pray it isn't necessary but unless our representatives get the proper perspective the tree of liberty will be refreshed.

"And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure."
    Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Top Bottom