• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Old school stripes!! (pre94/95/when McPeak ruined the USAF.)
    Yes, I had to look long and hard to find the older SMSgt insignia he wore (retired 1976) with the First Sergeant lozenge/diamond.

Funny story, the first time I saw the "new" two chevron SMSgt version was when my sister bought my dad a new Air Force Retired hat with the rank insignia 4-5 years ago... and I was like that's not right, lol! That was more than 20 years after the change. Still looks "weird" to me, but makes sense to give the first chevron at MSgt.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes, I had to look long and hard to find the older SMSgt insignia he wore (retired 1976) with the First Sergeant lozenge/diamond.

Funny story, the first time I saw the "new" two chevron SMSgt version was when my sister bought my dad a new Air Force Retired hat with the rank insignia 4-5 years ago... and I was like that's not right, lol! That was more than 20 years after the change. Still looks "weird" to me, but makes sense to give the first chevron at MSgt.
    I got lucky and was a SSgt/TSgt (the only chevrons that didn't change) in the mid-90s. Buck Sgt went away in 91 and they brought back the colored-in stars on the E2-E4 (Senior Airman after 76, had two E4 ranks from 76-91... or whenever the last Buck Sgt in captivity got out/promoted. 1996 was the last time I saw one) at that time.

The upper chevrons for SMSgt and CMSgt were added when the E8 and E9 grades were added back in... 1959 IIRC. The USAF style chevrons were from 1949 or 1950 maybe. It's been a while since I read any Air Force history.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    So report him!

EDIT: I found him. But please, when you see it, report one of the posts. Dont just mention it here.
    Thats about as bad as standing around recording an incident on your phone instead of calling the authorities.

Well, how are we supposed to all be notified, watch the run, the trim job, and the hopefully resulting meltdown if I report him right away? Youse screws take all da fun outta everyting!! Jeez...

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Saw one earlier that may have been the one, but at the time he was only at 4 posts. I’ll have to go look now, see if I was correct.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom