• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    For what it's worth, you can expect your chrono results at a big match to be lower than what you measure at home unless you use exactly the same protocol with a light box, etc. like Chronoman and Ken Skeeters use.
    Are you saying that they would all be lower? I would think that a difference in protocol would result in some being higher also.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Could go either way, you are right, but my anecdotal evidence is that I've heard dozens (maybe hundreds) talk about how much higher their velocity was at home, and I don't recall anyone saying the opposite.

Another thing that bites people is that they do not actually weigh their bullets and just assume the advertised weight is accurate. The chrono will weigh your bullet and I've seen people go minor or sub minor just because they assumed their bullet weight was correct. I've seen some go higher in PF because their bullets were heavier than they thought too!

WEIGH SOME OF YOUR BULLETS EACH TIME YOU GET A NEW BOX!

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    For what it's worth, you can expect your chrono results at a big match to be lower than what you measure at home unless you use exactly the same protocol with a light box, etc. like Chronoman and Ken Skeeters use.

Mine actually went up at A5. My load usually chronos around 173 on my home chrono.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What style bullets do you guys use? 230 gr lrn seated at 1.100 dont feed very well in a Glock 21, I wondered what bullet you guys were using, I see the bullets smaller.

that one is probably better asked in the reloading forum, since the G21 isn't used in competition, except for maybe the bowling pins.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Guys, there's a real simple solution for all of this. Shoot Production and buy factory 147. :D

That's what I did last year.

Since I bought the Dillon and the Glock 35, I can play in both Limited and Production.

I've decided to quit worrying about this and just shoot some Precision Cartridge ammo, since they are a match sponsor.

I'll deal with my weird chrono / bad Lot of powder later on.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's what I did last year.

Since I bought the Dillon and the Glock 35, I can play in both Limited and Production.

I've decided to quit worrying about this and just shoot some Precision Cartridge ammo, since they are a match sponsor.

I'll deal with my weird chrono / bad Lot of powder later on.

They still have to make 165 power factor and will be tested just the same as any other ammo.
    Precision is reloaded ammo using Accurate #5 powder.
    Coach and I shoot 5 rounds from my Limited gun at his house 2 weeks ago and it made it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I know, I just don't have time to deal with it before Friday.

They did a special run of ammo for Bart, so I'm buying 350 of those from him.

Top Bottom