• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have the .pdfs from a while back, but I can't stand reading things like that on a computer. An actual book will be it for me! Thanks for letting us know.

jarrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    California
    I have all 75 chapters of lights out in pdf 2.6mb if anyone's still looking. I too am interested in the long road home and one second after if the offer is still good, PM sent.

ThrottleJockey or Buckey:

I really would appreciate a copy of Lights Out too, but could not send you a PM as I am a new member. Would you please send me a copy? (My email address is in my profile.)

Thank you!

jarrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    California
    ThrottleJockey or Buckey:

I really would appreciate a copy of Lights Out too, but could not send you a PM as I am a new member. Would you please send me a copy? (My email address is in my profile.)

Thank you!

Ooops, I guess my profile doesn't show my email address (on reflection, that's actually good), but if someone would PM me, I could send my email address back that way. (I think.)

I only have the first 20 chapters of Lights Out and am really enjoying it.:rockwoot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You can download the Kindle version of Light's Out from Amazon for about $8.00 here. The Kindle software is free for PC, Mac, Android phones and iPhones. I've read the PDF a couple of times and am going to download the Kindle version to see if it's any different. Also, it only seems fair to compensate the author for an excellent book.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm up to chapter 5 of the published version and so far, I like the changes made. The story is cleaned up a bit in regards to some of the details. It reads a bit better now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Up to chapter 29. The story still reads the same, but there are subtle differences. Overall, I think it flows a bit better now. Definitely worth the $8 it cost to download the new version from Amazon. BTW, I don't own a Kindle and am reading this on the PC and Ipod Touch using the free Kindle software. The sync function is cool. I can read on one system and when I open the other system, it will automatically take me to where I left off on the other system.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK so when is the hollywood movie or "made for TV" movie coming out?
    I know the author at one point was looking into that.
    Already read it once would like to see the "movie" next.
    =p

jnbjcoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    A Spokane Washington weather guy has written three novels in pdf format that are pretty good. His name is Tom Sherry, and he will email the pdf's to you if you email him. I am on the second one and it is pretty good. Starts out with an earthquake, which makes Mt Rainier errupt sending a huge mudflow into Seattle killing many thousands of people. It starts out pretty slow, but gets better. The Chinese & others decide to quit using the dollar as reserve currency, and shortly after that the dollar reaches it's real value,, zero. Lots of looting, shooting etc.

The books are called 1. Deep Winter. 2. Shatter. 3. Remnant.

Not quite as much military stuff as "Patriot" but seems better written to me. I have not read the Lights out novel, but have the first 20 chapters in PDF. I cannot PM as I am a new user, but would appreciate a copy of the rest of the book if Bucky is still willing. I figure since the thing was put online for free first, it's not like doing anything the auther would not approve of. Anyway, my email is my user name @ hotmail.com
    Thanks,,,,,Jay

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks jnbjcoy :yesway: and welcome to INGO. :ingo:
    How about posting in the Introductions and Greetings (<clicky) thread and telling us about yourself.

I found Deep Winter and Shatter here.
    Index of /shtffiles/books_and_reading/

Deep Winter is listed as Deep_Winter_I.pdf and for some reason, Shatter is lasted as Deep_Winter_II.pdf.

It looks like there could be more good reads on this page, though I haven’t had time to check them out. Among them I see some of the Foxfire books and Lights Out though Lights Out is only the first 20 chapters.

It looks like some can be had in PDF and document format. I prefer the doc. format because I can change the font size and style to make it easier to read and it's also easier to mark my place when stop reading.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom