• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    125$ if you have never had a permit, i think its 100$ if you already have a permit but you hve to let your permit expire before getting a lifetime license

You can renew if your current permit is within 180 days of expiration.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    125$ if you have never had a permit, i think its 100$ if you already have a permit but you hve to let your permit expire before getting a lifetime license

Unfortunately if you let your permit expire, then you pay the full $125. I found this out yesterday when I filled out the paperwork and got fingerprinted at the local sheriff's office.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    On a limited time permit, they are not "renewed" You must reapply each time. However, subsequent renewals do not take as long. Thank Mitch for the Life Time Permit.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I can vouch that Howard County has alot of permits run through there department. They are both Lifetime and 4 year. Its kinda crazy how many people will only get the 4 year cause they don't want to spend the extra money.
    I almost got the 4 year because I didn't have enough for the lifetime.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So what happens if the indiana legislature repeals the lifetime ltch?

Then depending on the wording of the bill, you'll either lose your license, have it grandfathered, or everyone gets a free puppy. Seriously, that's such an open-ended question that there's no way to answer it. What happens is whatever the bill says will happen, but since it hasn't been written yet, there's no way to know.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Then depending on the wording of the bill, you'll either lose your license, have it grandfathered, or everyone gets a free puppy. Seriously, that's such an open-ended question that there's no way to answer it. What happens is whatever the bill says will happen, but since it hasn't been written yet, there's no way to know.

And, if written, I think it would be unlikely to pass the Governor's desk without veto. So we've got four years (barring disasters).

I'd worry more about an Obama "national no carry" law.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If that BS does happen oneday, I would hope it would be like laws against rifles, handguns, flash suppressors and magazine capacities. You would have a pre-ban license and it would still be legal. That is why I think a lifetime license is so important and the small extra cost such a bargin.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    How are the new lifetime licenses issued? I heard that they amend your drivers license with the lifetime LTCH :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I don't want it attached to my driver's license. The one has nothing to do with the other and when I need to show my ID, there's no reason the person looking at it needs to know I'm licensed to carry.

Eh I dunno, I used to show my DOD Identification when they asked for my ID - guess I just wanted to be cool :cool: Good point about that though - it is getting better to be discrete and non advertised in these times. :ar15:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Rep. Jackie Walorski had proposed a bill to add an identifier to our driver licences indicating LTCH. I had opposed it initially, then was told what a strong supporter of gun rights she is. Apparently, her intention was to make things easier for a LTCH holder, due to the requirement that we must be carrying our license while armed. Additionally, the marking could have easily been unobtrusive-perhaps one of the "endorsements" with a single letter code at the bottom. As it turned out, however, I don't think her bill was ever heard, so it's a moot point. I can see her reasoning, but as has been said, in this political climate, probably better to have fewer identifiers than more.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom