Lifetime permits no longer available in 2009?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I apologize if this has already been asked/addressed here, but I haven't had any luck as permit turns up quite a bit with the search function, and I would like a concrete answer on this. I got my lifetime permit in the spring of '08, and have been trying to coax my wife into getting her permit, and now that she's on board for getting one, I want her to get the lifetime permit. Can someone who has never had a lifetime conceal carry permit still apply for one in 2009? I have heard rumors that they will no longer be available in '09, as '08 was the last year for the lifetime permits. Is this true? Thanks.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    That rumor keeps circulating, we heard it in October when my wife went in to renew and "upgrade" to the lifetime permit.

The clerk who does all the processing said we were lucky to be getting it in before the end of the year.

Who knows....but it sure seems to be a widespread rumor from a lot of difference sources.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That rumor keeps circulating, we heard it in October when my wife went in to renew and "upgrade" to the lifetime permit.

The clerk who does all the processing said we were lucky to be getting it in before the end of the year.

Who knows....but it sure seems to be a widespread rumor from a lot of difference sources.

I've heard this rumor since I got my lifetime, and others have heard it as soon as the law for the lifetime was passed. There is no legislative action to repeal it. That being said, I guess it could happen. Kinda like those lifetime hunting permits...:dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have heard rumors that they will no longer be available in '09, as '08 was the last year for the lifetime permits. Is this true? Thanks.

Next time someone tells you that, ask who "They" are (as in "They say..."). Secondly, ask them to cite the legislative bill so that we can start writing letters to get it stopped. If they can't cite a bill, it ain't gonna happen.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    BIG DIFFERENCE!

Hunting licenses regulated by DNR, can be changed by administrative code.

LTCH REQUIRES legislative action to change. PERIOD!

I understand the differences and that it'd take a legislative action, I was just saying that since we have it now, doesn't mean they can't take it away.

That being said, I don't expect it to be repealed, ever :D

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    my wife also just recently got onboard with wanting to get her lifetime license and her own handgun.

I saw this thread title and about freaked, so now...

Whew... :):

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last week my ISP Brother-in-Law asked me if I had heard this RUMOR. At that time, I had not. Not until now. Well, he told me this circulating and to tell people this is NOT TRUE. Rest assured, it is only a rumor.

There is such a demand right now for the Life Time Pemit that rumors of it ending were sure to pop up on this Forum.

Relax and have one Heck of a safe, prosperous and Happy New Year.

If you have a few Yinghling Beers, have one for me too.

Salute!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's a rumor that WILL NOT DIE!

Maybe we need a "sticky" with a statement about this?

Yesterday an old college buddy called and asked for advice on buying a gun. During the conversation, I asked if he had his License to Carry Handgun yet. He told me he had applied and was waiting for it, and how he was glad he got it before they stopped issuing them.

Naturally I expained "the rest of the story" to him.

How can we get people to stop spreading this rumor?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have heard this as well when I got mine back in april of 07.

I have heard that the Hunting permits were pulled and that the LTCH was next. All hogwash....

Everyone should just go and get one if they do not.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think I still have my Dad's lifetime free hunting permit that he got after fighting in WW 2. That didn't last long.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe we need to start a counter-rumor. Like, starting January 1, 2010, every Indiana resident will be required to apply for an LTCH when they renew their driver's license or something.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ladies and gentlemen of INGO, I did not post this to perpetuate any rumors, just to hear the truth of the matter from the distinguished members of the Indiana shooting community. I didn't want to waste our time trying to apply for a lifetime permit if it wasn't a possibility. I appreciate and thank all of your answers and input received in such short order, I plan on going with her to apply for her lifetime LTCH permit ASAP. Response like this is what makes me proud to be a part of this forum and the shooting community in general. Thanks guys.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom