• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdyptrsn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    angola
    If someone has i lifetime permit for say 7 Years and gets in trouble with the law. How would the system catch up to them and revoke the permit? Would you be arrested if you were pulled over for a basic traffic violation for illegally carry a gun?

Last edited:

cdyptrsn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    angola
    Me and my father-in law were just talking about it last night. He lives in Mich. So they don't have lifetime permits. So you still get a background check every couple of years. I am not in any trouble, I'm still waiting for my LTCH to come in the mail.

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    "They" will take the license for any Felony arrest at the time of arrest. Conviction would result in loosing the license and firearm rights forever.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    "They" don't have to "take" your lifetime license. If you read the fineprint, it is automatically revoked when you are convicted.

If they don't catch up to you it doesn't matter.

If you have been convicted and they "forgot" to take away the license, and they later catch you carrying a handgun, they can charge you with CWOAL (carrying without a license).

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I agree with the above posters. It is your responsibility to report anything like a felony to the State Police. They could probably get you on some other charges if you are still carrying and you know you should be suspended.

Just Obey the law and don't worry about such issues. If you were a criminal, I doubt that you would be bothering applying for the License anyway.

Top Bottom