• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I got my LTCH just so that I would never forget again and let mine expire. I looked at it as a convenience to me rather than a good deal money wise. Now I need a permit that will allow me to carry in the states that do not accept our permits.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I got my LTCH just so that I would never forget again and let mine expire. I looked at it as a convenience to me rather than a good deal money wise. Now I need a permit that will allow me to carry in the states that do not accept our permits.

There are 17 you won't be able to get without being a LEO if you live in IN.

See the Utah Application thread and my reply there for a breakdown of which ones. :)

Blessings,
    B

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just thought I would add that I got my lifetime LTCH last Sat. (Aug, 23) and I applied for it on July, 2nd making it just shy of 2 months.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rumor has it that the lifetime will be going away in the near future.(Just like the lifetime hunting & fishing) I'm sure it has to do with revenue, or loss thereof.

Alright! Purple, who told you this nonsense? It was a cop, right?

I bet cop, or the gun store. Please tell us.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Nope, no cop and not from a gun store. Just a fellow shooter. Like the comment went, and I quote "Rumor has it". Take it with a grain of salt. Personally, I have my lifetime and don't care if they drop it or not. It would make sense to drop it from a financial standpoint though. Besides, even if it is a rumor ( which it is at this point), and it convinces one person to make the leap of faith so to speak, I think it was worth it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nope, no cop and not from a gun store. Just a fellow shooter. Like the comment went, and I quote "Rumor has it". Take it with a grain of salt. Personally, I have my lifetime and don't care if they drop it or not. It would make sense to drop it from a financial standpoint though. Besides, even if it is a rumor ( which it is at this point), and it convinces one person to make the leap of faith so to speak, I think it was worth it.

Some of us would love to make that leap of faith. Thanks to the damnocrats in the state legislature tossing in an 11th-hour amendment closing renewals down to a six-month window, some of us who were misadvised by our county sheriff offices are stuck with four-year LTCs for a while longer. I got mine the week before the Lifetime ones could be applied for. And yes, I'm still pi$$ed at the sunzabitchiz.

Blessings,
    B

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Some of us would love to make that leap of faith. Thanks to the damnocrats in the state legislature tossing in an 11th-hour amendment closing renewals down to a six-month window, some of us who were misadvised by our county sheriff offices are stuck with four-year LTCs for a while longer. I got mine the week before the Lifetime ones could be applied for. And yes, I'm still pi$ at the sunzabitchiz.

Blessings,
    B
    :+1:Same exact boat here...next July before I can apply:noway:

sumanumbatchez:xmad:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What if you were doing multiple life sentences when you die? Then you would be born a felon (assuming reincarnation is tracked and flagged by NICS):):

SHHH!! Don't give 'em any ideas!!

sumanabatchez... Johnny Dangerously fan? :)

"This is the .88 Magnum. It shoots through schools."

And I can't put in for my Lifetime till late December 09

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "This goes through armor . . . through the victim . . . through a wall outside . . . "

:cool:

"You shouldn't hang me on a hook, Johnny. My grandmother hung me on a hook once. ONCE!"

Joe Piscopo did a great job in that movie. I need to get a copy of that now, dangit. Sorry for the :hijack:

It will be interesting to see if any other states go the route we did and push for the Lifetime LTC. I know there are counties in NY state that do it, but AFAIK, we're the only state that's even introduced, let alone passed it.

Blessings,
    B

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Proud to be in that state. :rockwoot:

Now on a closer topic than that fantastic movie (I must also now get a copy;)),
    what's the hold up:hijack:(no... not that hold up) on parking lot firearms bills introduced by the Nuge (no... not THAT Nuge) the last couple of years?
    Many states have passed us on that issue.

Sorry, but that is a huge peave with my employer that the state could fix.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Proud to be in that state. :rockwoot:

Now on a closer topic than that fantastic movie (I must also now get a copy;)),
    what's the hold up:hijack:(no... not that hold up) on parking lot firearms bills introduced by the Nuge (no... not THAT Nuge) the last couple of years?
    Many states have passed us on that issue.

Sorry, but that is a huge peave with my employer that the state could fix.
    Senator Nugent seemed to be more focused on getting SB 65 and later SB 356 last session. Unfortunately, SB 66 kinda went by the wayside in the process. If our current crop of senators is any indication based on the discussion surrounding SB 356, we'll have the usual "sky is falling", "blood running in the streets" dire predictions of the end of the world if people are permitted to have guns in their locked cars by law. Somehow, they just can't get it through their heads that 1) LTCH holders are law-abiding, peaceable people and 2) cars are private property that happens to be located, while someone is at work, on the private property of the employer.

The Brady Bunch's most recent state "grades" for Indiana were erroneous in that they listed us as not having a "shoot first law" (aka Castle Doctrine) but they correctly reported that we require gun dealers to have a state license in addition to their FFL, correctly reported that employers are not "forced" to allow guns on their property, and correctly reported that college campuses are not "forced" to allow guns. Had those two bills passed and become law, the Bradys would still have been wrong about Castle Doctrine, but we would only have deserved two points of the eight we got. Instead of being tied for 32nd place, we would have tied Kentucky and Oklahoma for 48th, as they ranked it, or tied for first rather than 19th.

The scary thing is that while we look at our laws and see room for change and improvement with six earned Brady points, California at 79 points was 16 above it's closest competitor, New Jersey. I don't even want to think about how bad our laws would have to be to even come close to that level of intrusiveness.

Blessings,
    B

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Good info... gotta chase Kentucky and Oklahoma for 1st place:):

*Now back to regularly scheduled OP*

We have a lifetime LTCH in Indiana? That is awesome!!! Tell everyone!!!
    :rockwoot:

Top Bottom