• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    So who all has experienced a dud from a reputable manufacturer? Did you lose trust in the company or did you chalk it up to bad luck?

Mine

Mossberg 590 - Complete turd, 2 trips to the factory and one to a GS and it still failed to work reliably

Glock 30 - Broken slide stop around round 20, would not feed JHP reliably, ftf at least 1-2 times per 50

Glock 21 - Functioned great until around 450 when I noticed a hairline crack in the frame fail.

I personally lost hope in the 45acp Glock but still like my 27.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Kimber Ultra II Eclipse= very accurate but a jammomatic, sent it back to Kimber and when it came back it had a list of repairs as long as your arm approx (13) unacceptable for a 1k handgun. Sold it as soon as I got it back because I lost confidence in the weapon. Secretly spotted the guy who bought it shooting it at the range and it seemed to work fine. But GJ1981 an I have a similar policy of if you can't bet your life on it, don't carry it and maybe don't even own it at all. Also Hesse HK-91 clone (I'm lost for words on that one) biggest P.O.S. I've owned to date. Jammed every round, poor quality and workmanship etc etc........Sent that one back to distributor for an exchange on some other stuff. Should have known better a.k.a. (not a real HK) :twocents: Also guys I should state that I tried at least 10 different brands/types of ammo in my Kimber before I condemned it!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Glock 30 - bought new, had a bad barrel. Had to crank the rear sight almost out of the dovetail to even get it on paper. Sent it to Glock, they installed a new barrel and all was good... until I blew the damn thing up. Glock fixed that, too, but I had developed a wicked flinch with the gun (go figure) and ended up selling it.

Astra A75 - rear sight jiggled back and forth in its dovetail. Had a local 'smith stake it. Wouldn't reliably feed two consecutive magazines back to back, using ball ammo. Sent it to EAA; they replaced the barrel, but that didn't fix anything. Traded it on my first Glock and the rest is history.

Kel-Tec P11 - was part of the "soft frame" recall. Broke a frame pin and had numerous reliability issues; went back to KT, and they replaced pretty much everything but the aluminum chassis (serial-numbered part). Problem solved.

Kahr K40 - not the gun per se, but I purchased (3) spare mags from a reputable on-line vendor, and found out later (after numerous malfunctions during a defensive pistol course) that all three mags had 9mm followers installed.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Taurus 9mm revolver - light primer strikes, inconsistent shooting. I sent it back through a dealer and got it back about a week later, saying they'd checked it and cleaned it, testing it, nor problem. Same thing, so I took it back and the shop gave me my $$ back.

S&W Sigma 380 - ran fine and then one day, it wouldn't shoot without jamming or stovepiping, and in this gun a stovepipe clearing is a massive ordeal. Sent it in and they did *something* to it, plus replaced the magazines - got it back and the jamming was gone, but the stovepiping was still there. They've got the ball in their court now, with my wish being that it turns into a j-frame while I sleep..

Lemons don't sour me from the brand, generally..

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Glock 23 - My first and only Glock it wouldnt make it through a single magazine without a FTE. I've shot quite a few Glocks with very few issues but I lost faith. Sold it.

Springfield TRP - I was finishing my first box when breaking it in and the adjustible rear sight fell off, I was pissed! Springfield customer service was awsome though, I sent it in they fixed it and sent it back to me with a bag full of spare parts and a $200 rebate. I still have it and its been nothing but great.

S&W Sigma40 - Jams, FTF, FTE and I culdn't hit anything with it. The single most god awful waste of money I have ever pulled the trigger on.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Glock 23 -- FTFs every 30-40 rounds, for me and several others.

S&W 1076 -- sadly, the biggest POS of a gun I've ever had. I loved the way it felt, I loved the way it shot, I loved how extremely accurate it was. At least on those rare occasions it actually loaded a round to shoot. I cannot recall having EVER gone through a full magazine without jamming. Bizarrely, I'd love to buy another. I just wouldn't use it as a carry gun.

postmanpwc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a keltec p3at (.380acp) for situations when I can't do the holster carry such as when wearing suits...which are meant to be tight fitting. Anyway the gun won't cycle hollowpoints and always jams after every shot.

I did a little research and you gotta do some kind of "fluffing" or modding ect so I just said screw it I'll just load it with ball point ammo as those fed reliable.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    winchester 9422mag, frame was 22mag , tube and barrel were 22LR. noticed the problem before I even shot it. called winchester and they confirmed it was a 22 mag by serial#. told them the problem and they stated " I would like to say I've never heard of that, but it is a common mistake" WTF sent it back in , and they sent a new gun

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had big issues with the Springfield EMP that I had for a little while. THAT saga has been posted here a couple of times, though. Long story short, Springfield replaced the slide. I made sure that the gun ran 100% and sold it, with full disclosure of the issues, to a fellow board member. As of right now, he's absolutely tickled pink with the pistol and hopefully will continue to be!

Also, the frame on my Kahr CW-40 broke. Also discussed here a few times as well as on GT. General consensus was that the piece of plastic that broke probably wouldn't have hindered the pistol in any way...but still. Kahr replaced the frame...and then the mag catch wouldn't work right. They replaced that, too. Again, I made sure that the thing was 100%, and I sold this one too, again with full disclosure, to a fellow INGO board member.

-J-

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Indygunworks worked at Pop's for a while a few yrs ago before being deployed to Iraq. He was selling the sh*t out of Taurus (I think) semi-autos, but a majority of them were coming back to Pop's and even being shipped back to the manufactor's b/c of reliability.

Give it a few mins. he will correct any errors I have in this post! :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I remember both of those sagas. So what are you carrying now, a pointy stick? :):

Right NOW? I have a Kershaw Chive....which is slightly less effective than a pointy stick.

My only carry weapon at the moment is my S&W 642 loaded with some 125gr +p SJHP. I tell you what, you for sure know it when that thing touches off. I'd not want to be on the receiving end!

I'm almost the point of conficence with my Steyr M9-A1; and AM confident in my P99. I just don't know if I want to carry either of them...*sigh*.

I hate to say it, but I'm almost to the point of buying a G19 due to availability of...well...of everything. Mags, holsters, extra parts, upgraded parts, etc etc etc. Or maybe an M&P9 or 9c. Or an XD9 or XD9c.

Can't afford a P99c...even used...

And I dream of owning an H&K P2000 or P2000sk.

Maybe I'll just get a nice field chest holster for my GP100 and carry that around. That'd be fun. :n00b:

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    ...S&W Sigma40 - Jams, FTF, FTE and I culdn't hit anything with it. The single most god awful waste of money I have ever pulled the trigger on.

Agreed...I bought one, put one box through it, and got rid of it 2 weeks later. Trigger pull on that thing was terrible...was lucky if you could put one round where you wanted it, let alone another follow up shot. :noway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Similar Stuff

Right NOW? I have a Kershaw Chive....which is slightly less effective than a pointy stick.

My only carry weapon at the moment is my S&W 642 loaded with some 125gr +p SJHP. I tell you what, you for sure know it when that thing touches off. I'd not want to be on the receiving end!

I'm almost the point of conficence with my Steyr M9-A1; and AM confident in my P99. I just don't know if I want to carry either of them...*sigh*.

I hate to say it, but I'm almost to the point of buying a G19 due to availability of...well...of everything. Mags, holsters, extra parts, upgraded parts, etc etc etc. Or maybe an M&P9 or 9c. Or an XD9 or XD9c.

Can't afford a P99c...even used...

And I dream of owning an H&K P2000 or P2000sk.

Maybe I'll just get a nice field chest holster for my GP100 and carry that around. That'd be fun. :n00b:
    Hey Indy, I also have a S&W 642 and a Kershaw Leek #1660 that I carry down to the gas station at night when I'm feeling lazy . The Leek is the bigger brother to your chive!:yesway: See I told you guys! Don't bash the "Tin-Banger" he drops everything he has going to keep you warm/cool!LOL........................:D

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    98fuvk.jpg
    Kershaw #1660 Leek plain edge.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom