• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Southport
    Does anyone know if there are any military surplus types of ammo that are illegal to own?
    There seems to be a lot of 303. British configurations from armor piercing to tracers, which i own a couple.Are there other calibers with such configurations, and are they legal to add to a cartridge collection?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Other than the 50 and larger high explosive rounds, there are no small arms ammo that I am aware of, that are illegal to own. A lot of ranges don't allow firing of tracer rounds, but that is a different issue.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I would agree with sloughfoot, the exploding bullets are the only ones that I can think of that have been outlawed along with any bullet that has murcury in the bullet, I bring this up because years ago people would drill out a bullet fill the cavity with murcury and then put lead back over the hole when the bullet hit the target the mucury because it is heavy would scater out all thur whatever you shot causing extensive wound damage, and if the wound didnt kill the mucury poisoning would, the other that I talked about was rounds that had a primer in a hollow point so when it hit the target it would blow the bullet up inside of the target. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom