• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    OK, seeing the "lefties" thread in the handguns forum has got me thinking... and googling... but nothing yet...

And since my wife is a lefty, and she has a 'new' revolver (SP101)...

What is the correct way to instruct a lefty to load/unload/reload a typical right handed DA revolver, from a speed/tactical perspective?

This is part of the reason I steered her toward an "ambi" semi-automatic when she was picking out her first gun. (Kel-Tec P11 - she has decided the slide is too much and trigger is too heavy for her) If this doesn't work out... we may be looking for another auto.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I use my left trigger-finger to trip the cylinder release, snap it left with my left wrist to open, then twist my wrist almost 180 degrees so that the open cylinder is on "top" of the revolver (which is still pointed downrange, but now canted with the upper surface of the gun facing to my right).

I'm not sure if this is a correct or approved way to do it, but it's worked pretty well for me on the occasions I've carried a Ruger Redhawk for hogs down south.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I always just switch hands and do it like a righty. But I only shoot revolvers for target/fun, I have the G19 for SD. If I used one for SD I would probably try the way JNG does it.

Top Bottom