• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm staying near Indy but farther outside of I-465 and on the North East side of town between Pendleton Pike and I-70. I'll miss the south side of town, as I grew up here through my "teens" but on to the point of this topic... I'd like to get in touch with INGO members on that side of town and figure out where all the gunshops and ranges are, if there are any, and make some new shooting friends while we're at it.

I'll be officially moving in May of next year as there are a few things I still want to do to the house before moving everything over there but I'd definitely like to see some friendly INGOer faces at a meet and greet sometime before then.

Last edited:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Welcome to the Land of Entitlement lol There's KS&E and Pops which neither are really worth the trip. Highsmith's in Greenfield is pretty good with a range. Fortville has a small shop which doesn't have much but worth checking out at least once.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Welcome to the Land of Entitlement lol There's KS&E and Pops which neither are really worth the trip. Highsmith's in Greenfield is pretty good with a range. Fortville has a small shop which doesn't have much but worth checking out at least once.
    I've seen the Highsmith's name a lot here on INGO. I'll make it a point to check them out.

Welcome to the Land of Entitlement
    Are some of the people there kinda snotty? I was hoping to get away from that, and so was my girlfriend's family.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Ks&E is good for ammo. Indiana Self Defense for FFL transfers. Pops is way too expensive and their service kind of sucks. I go to beech grove firearms for range time.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I made my escape from Marion county (where I had lived all my life) about 3 years ago and have never regretted it. Wasn't sure about the move but it has been a blessing in too many ways to count. Johnson county is SO much more to our liking. Good luck in the new area.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Are some of the people there kinda snotty? I was hoping to get away from that, and so was my girlfriend's family.

Snotty as in uppity as in the Carmel , Geist , Westfield types NO . I'm pretty sure he's talking about the types 88 is talking about .

Well, watch out for the ghettos.

Fortville , Pendelton aren't bad but the closer you get to 465 the worse it gets . Oaklandon and MCcordsville aren't bad and just north of there your in Geist where the "snotty" folks are .

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Check the crime map of the area you plan to move: Crime Reports

Are people taking care of their property in the area you plan to move. Are people walking in the street. How many liquor stores are close by. etc.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    The area looks good. I'm a lot farther away from the ghetto neighborhoods than I may have let on. Basically I'm East of Veteran's Park near Oaklandon and Pendleton Pike. The neighborhood has a home association and there are no homes for rent near by.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, watch out for the ghettos.
    We should be well away from that but, yeah, I still don't like waking up to gun shots so I wont be moving into those neighborhoods anytime soon.
    Well, Greenfield seems to be as "redneck" as Greenwood. But both places are good places to live. Neither are yuppievilles.
    Good, Yuppie is what we're trying to avoid.
    Snotty as in uppity as in the Carmel , Geist , Westfield types NO . I'm pretty sure he's talking about the types 88 is talking about .
    Both.
    I'd just move and let the trees fall where they may.

Heh.
    Yeah, I've done that a lot and it has almost never turned out well. This neighborhood will be the first in it's "class" that I've lived in. I'll be moving in with my girlfriend and her family. Her dad is a contractor for the US Army and is only home two weeks every six months so they like me enough to have me move in with them and be the handy man. I'm all for it and it's free rent if I go to school full time. :thumbsup:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    My girlfriend's son lives about a 1/2 east of there. Nice area.:yesway:
    Great to hear :) My girlfriend and her family have been moved all over the US for quite a few years living in apartments and they're ready to find a house and settle down. They deserve it and I really want to help make it as good a experience as possible.

Top Bottom