• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I was able to pick up a 225 round box of .40 ammo at Dick's this afternoon. They are reloaded rounds with lead bullets.

I know I won't be shooting these in my Glocks, but is there any problem using this ammo in my SIGs, other than a dirty barrel?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    shouldnt have problems shooting them in your glocks either... as long as you keep the barrel from excess leading... shoot away, and clean with a bore BRUSH to get the lead out of the barrel... and youll be fine. what did you pick it up for?$$$$$?

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    ive shot some of that ultramax ammo too if thats what you got, its ok, i dunno why the glocks wouldnt like it aside from being dirty :dunno:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    ive shot some of that ultramax ammo too if thats what you got, its ok, i dunno why the glocks wouldnt like it aside from being dirty :dunno:

glocks wouldnt like it because of the polygonal rifled barrel... instead of gripping the bullet and spinning it, it compresses the bullet into the shape of the barrel and then spins it... leads to a MUCH LONGER barrel life while not sacrificing much accuraccy... however when shooting soft lead rounds through it you can have a huge build up of lead creating HUGE spikes in pressure which COULD damage your gun.... thats why you keep a polygonal rifled barrel squeaky clean when shooting lead rounds... i shoot berrys plated which is just a lead round washed in copper to prevent leadding.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    IIRC, Sig says this voids the warranty. Of course shooting reloads supposedly voids the warranty...

A lot of manufacturers say that shooting reloads voids the warranty. These rounds would fall under "re-manufactured" ammo instead of reloads. Of course I always use reloads and have for decades. Using reloads has saved me many times the cost of a new premium gun, and I haven't had any problems.

I would go along with your first tendency and be extra cautious and not use them in a Glock or H&K or other firearm with polygonal rifling. This would be the safest bet. Your will be fine shooting these in your Sig.

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    IIRC, Sig says this voids the warranty. Of course shooting reloads supposedly voids the warranty...

The owner's manual for the last new gun I bought, warns against loading, carrying or shooting the firearm. If you put reloads in it, a lightning bolt would strike you dead.

I'm not real sure what you can do with it, so I just ignored the whole thing.:rockwoot:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    glocks wouldnt like it because of the polygonal rifled barrel... instead of gripping the bullet and spinning it, it compresses the bullet into the shape of the barrel and then spins it... leads to a MUCH LONGER barrel life while not sacrificing much accuraccy... however when shooting soft lead rounds through it you can have a huge build up of lead creating HUGE spikes in pressure which COULD damage your gun.... thats why you keep a polygonal rifled barrel squeaky clean when shooting lead rounds... i shoot berrys plated which is just a lead round washed in copper to prevent leadding.

I kinda knew the answer but that ^ up there ^ is by far the best, most succinct explanation I've seen so far. :yesway:

Top Bottom