• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    thats funny but I have read the Zombie Survival Guide and suggest the 10/22 for your zombie slayer. I wouldn't mind seeing that in green

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    ZOMBIES!

I think "Zombie" is better than "Tactical". I love my TRP except for the word "Tactical", when I think of the word "Tactical", on an item for sale, I usually think that a douche-bag will most likely purchase it. However, "Zombie" does it for me. At least for the time being, I think it's cool and I'm sure most people see it as humorous. After all, as far is pop culture is concerned, Zombies are the new Vampires...
    I couldn't say it better myself, I love zombie pop culture, I love firearms, it's a natural sell to me. Why are so many people disrespecting the zombie movement here? Let's embrace it!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    If people are into this fad, so be it. I seen one in person and said, "Holy Lord." And walked out of the shop.

Do you think people have some sort of mental problems to be believing in this whole zombie thing?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I have a lcp and trying to get rid of it - it shoots fine and very compact but the trigger pull is like 4 feet it seems - so i put it in the safe and carry a colt gov pocketlite - seems to agree with me more

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok people, let's get real…
    These are zombies we're talking about. You don't have to devastate vital organs, you don't have to cause massive blood loss cutting off oxygen to the brain. What you do have to do is interrupt the minuscule amount of electrical activity caused by the viral mush of former brain matter that now occupies the skull. Easy work for a LCP, even easier work for a 10/22 at distance or a MKII up close.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    thats funny but I have read the Zombie Survival Guide and suggest the 10/22 for your zombie slayer. I wouldn't mind seeing that in green

Yes, that's why I got my 10/22. Perfect for close-up and longer shots than a pistol. Most of all, you can put 2,000 bullets in your pockets easily. That's the kind of quantity you need for hords, and to last for days when trapped on a roof. Also, there is less splatter--don't want tainted zombie blood splattering in your eyes and infecting you. I think safety glasses would still be good though.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Awww, isn't it a cute little gun. Maybe Ruger's trying to win back some of the loyal followers that defected when S&W unveiled their shield. ;)

TRog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^Yeah they do make it in pink. I picked up an LCP(all black not the zombie model) back in march for edc and its pretty sweet for what it is but in a zombie apocalypse situation I'd call it a LDE(last ditch effort) after you've burn up all your .223 and .45 ammo. If I gota get that close I'll stick with my swamp rat rucki as my LDE instead of the LCP.

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Ruger 10/22 zombie defense? I don't think so...

I want to know how max brooks came up with this. Did he realize how small that round is? I think it would be very difficult to hit the brainstem in a high pressure situation. I think you might carry more ammo but you'd also use more! Maybe something like 6-10 22 rounds when one 12 ga. Round would do the trick...personally I would carry my shotty with 8 rd mag tube and I would "borrow" my friends kimber custom as a sidearm because I think those 45 rounds would terrorize some zombie. Brainstems. I'm curious, what is the real zombie weapon of choice from the experts on this forum?

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Now I'm second guessing myself... Seven rounds isn't enough in a horde situation I'll take my shotty and my beretta m9a1 as a sidearm with 20 round extended mags! I'll just make sure Im loaded with hollow points and the 9mm should do the trick.

Top Bottom