• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Marc Lopez if you want someone that will really work on your case and not just give you a plea. A buddy of mine used him and only got reckless driving. Good luck.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Best in the business

But if in Indianapolis, you really don't need much of a lawyer if this is his first offense. The presumptive plea is probation, 90 day suspended license, court costs. No need to spend a ton for that.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Best in the business

But if in Indianapolis, you really don't need much of a lawyer if this is his first offense. The presumptive plea is probation, 90 day suspended license, court costs. No need to spend a ton for that.
    This is true in Indianapolis if you just want a plea. Now if you don’t want that drunk driving conviction on your record and want something better I’d call a lawyer that will actually work on my case. I would book the appointment and ask the lawyer if he thinks he has a chance to avoid the drunk driving. Depending on the answer you will know if you should spend the money or not.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is true in Indianapolis if you just want a plea. Now if you don’t want that drunk driving conviction on your record and want something better I’d call a lawyer that will actually work on my case.
    Yup, it will be the most expensive misdemeanor you'll ever spend money on. I used to work DUI Taskforce and have been deposed by some of the best. If you want a good lawyer to actually fight a solid DUI arrest, your $3000 lawyer isn't going to do much more than find a good plea. Jess Paul (who I think only consults now for Voyles) wrote the book on DUI defense. His depositions were impressive. He knew the NHTSA DUI manual inside and out, word for word. But you will spend 10's of thousands of $$$. It might be worth it to you, but it isn't ever cheap.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Yup, it will be the most expensive misdemeanor you'll ever spend money on. I used to work DUI Taskforce and have been deposed by some of the best. If you want a good lawyer to actually fight a solid DUI arrest, your $3000 lawyer isn't going to do much more than find a good plea. Jess Paul (who I think only consults now for Voyles) wrote the book on DUI defense. His depositions were impressive. He knew the NHTSA DUI manual inside and out, word for word. But you will spend 10's of thousands of $$$. It might be worth it to you, but it isn't ever cheap.
    Mr Paul is living in Washington state according to the Indiana roll of attorneys. Online records show he is 73. Pretty sure he is not coming to Indiana to do a drunk driving case. looks to be retired.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lots of good info here. This is not an area I’ve ever had to deal with so I trying to go in with as much info as possible.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Mr Paul is living in Washington state according to the Indiana roll of attorneys. Online records show he is 73. Pretty sure he is not coming to Indiana to do a drunk driving case. looks to be retired.
    He is an advisor to the law firm I posted. Voyles trained under him and is an impressive attorney in his own right. He was also very thorough in my deposition. I would venture that any of the firm's lawyers are equally competent in DUI. Now, if the DUI PC has obvious holes then any halfwit criminal defense lawyer can fight it. However, if it is solid and you have a job where a DUI conviction will cause you to lose it, then you will need one that knows their stuff and they are not cheap.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    Best in the business

Good advice right here.
    Because, if he doesn’t learn and makes this mistake again, you will definitely need a damn good lawyer then!
    Sucks, but we are all human and we all make mistakes. What separates us is some of us learn from them and others don’t.
    Good luck.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I cant offer advice on an attorney other than be ready to drop $25K+ if you want it beat. What I can tell you, is if he got booked and was even in jail 2-3 hours......he has already either learned his lesson or not.

I was 18 the only time I was thrown in jail, drunk as hell, fighting everyone....I woke up sober and in a cell with a dude from Detroit who didnt even know what state he was in and a murderer waiting to be extradited to Wyoming trying to buy my breakfast from me. I bonded out that day and swore to myself.....I would never go back to jail and have my freedom taken again, if I can help it. And so far, I never have.

We all make mistakes. Lord knows none of us are perfect. I wish him the best!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Best in the business

Unfortunately this was in Greenwood

Top Bottom