• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is what "we the people" voted for. Is this at all surprising to anyone? I fully expect to see more and more of this. I wonder how private the private messages on any given firearms forum will be.

Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants | Politics and Law - CNET News

Anybody wishing to keep the content of their communication private on the Internet, and leave no repository of their past email messages can do it without much problem.

I'm capable of doing this myself very easily should I choose...

This is really more of a way to put the main stream of us under general surveillance.

Which is actually the actions of using this power as a POLITICAL weapon to define the political opposition, more than to actually catch the "conspirators" among us.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When it comes to real estate, it's all about three things: location, location, location.

When it comes to online privacy, it's also all about three things: encryption, encryption, encryption.

I wouldn't be willing to bet on that. If the new facility in Utah lives up to its reputation, encryption will be as much security as the glue on the flap on an envelope.

My final conclusion is that once it escapes the confines of your skull it isn't a secret any more.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I wouldn't be willing to bet on that. If the new facility in Utah lives up to its reputation, encryption will be as much security as the glue on the flap on an envelope.

My final conclusion is that once it escapes the confines of your skull it isn't a secret any more.

I do not care either way. I either mean it or it is complete bull****. You decide. Anybody reading my stuff that should nor be reading it can kiss my white racist ass :rockwoot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    227561_442062935831213_1279828520_n.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Looks like Leahy is now looking at either stripping the bill or killing it. Hasn't made up his mind yet, I guess. All he knows is that everyone's against it, now.

Leahy scuttles his warrantless e-mail surveillance bill | Politics and Law - CNET News

Regardless of what happens in the short run, being able to put EVERYBODY'S private email communication under general surveillance without a Warrant is too powerful a POLITICAL WEAPON to just let go of.

(TRUE security threats to this country can STILL keep the contents of their communications secret regardless of this law)

This will be sneaked by us somewhere else at another time, and they'll keep trying until they succeed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom