• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Some of you have been asking, Auddie got to go shoot a ram last Friday.
    Well, this was what my youngest daughter and my youngest granddaughter did last Friday. Tess took a gilt/sow for meat for the freezer. Auddie, she wanted a ram. Don't know what Tess is shooting but Auddie is shooting a 300 blackout. Eric has become so knowledgeable on bullets, ballistics and knock down energy. I am a proud dad/grandpa to these three as they enjoy the out of doors, shooting and each other. Auddie is 7 years old now and in first grade. What a year for her, a doe, then a buck now a ram. The taxidermist likes her year! They went to Ted Nugent's farm in Michigan. CAUTION: HARVEST PICTURES BELOW.

Auddie and her Ram.jpg

Audrey's Ram 3-11-22.jpg

Tees and her Hog.jpg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Man, that is awesome! Makes me wish I'd grown up being taught how to hunt and use firearms, instead of having to wait to adulthood to start learning those things on my own. I'm in the process of learning, but still haven't taken anything bigger than a rabbit yet. But I'll get a whitetail one of these days!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Thank you. Don't understand the "enough with the trigger warnings".
    I think he thinks that putting a "trigger warning" (i.e., when you said "CAUTION: HARVEST PICTURES BELOW.") implies that people are too wimpy to handle seeing a harvested animal, which he thinks is insulting. So now he's been triggered by your trigger warning. And now, in response, I'm triggered by his being triggered by your trigger warning. And somebody else will probably soon be triggered by me being triggered by him being triggered by your trigger warning... :wallbash:

(I'm just kidding, by the way, I know you weren't actually triggered, Thor. And sorry for putting words in your mouth, if they weren't correct... :):)

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    That’s just perfect.
    Smiles all around.
    Thank you CM. I'm glad I'm not paying her taxidermy bill this year!!!
    That is outstanding!
    Yeah, even though it is a high fence hunt, for my daughter it is a way to put good flavored pork in the freezer. For Auddie, it was a thrill for all three of them.
    very nice, every one looks happy, i would be too!
    Yep, I would be also. Thanks.
    That's good stuff
    We think so. Thanks
    Man, that is awesome! Makes me wish I'd grown up being taught how to hunt and use firearms, instead of having to wait to adulthood to start learning those things on my own. I'm in the process of learning, but still haven't taken anything bigger than a rabbit yet. But I'll get a whitetail one of these days!
    At least we live in a country where you can have guns as an adult! I did grow up hunting and raised my two girls hunting, but what they have accomplished is beyond me. Auddie's dad

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think he thinks that putting a "trigger warning" (i.e., when you said "CAUTION: HARVEST PICTURES BELOW.") implies that people are too wimpy to handle seeing a harvested animal, which he thinks is insulting. So now he's been triggered by your trigger warning. And now, in response, I'm triggered by his being triggered by your trigger warning. And somebody else will probably soon be triggered by me being triggered by him being triggered by your trigger warning... :wallbash:

(I'm just kidding, by the way, I know you weren't actually triggered, Thor. And sorry for putting words in your mouth, if they weren't correct... :):)
    Yup. Could have just said "HARVEST PICTURES BELOW!!!" and any snowflake would have been forewarned while all others would scroll on with blissful ambivalence or even enthusiasm (me).

I recently got a gift book from a friend entitled "Laughing I Shall Die" about Vikings. The author felt the need to give his audience a trigger warning labeled as such...if you were not triggered by the title of the book I should think you're fair game.
    Sorry Farmerjon for the :hijack: I really think that looked like a great hunt and a great group of folks.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Yup. Could have just said "HARVEST PICTURES BELOW!!!" and any snowflake would have been forewarned while all others would scroll on with blissful ambivalence or even enthusiasm (me).

I recently got a gift book from a friend entitled "Laughing I Shall Die" about Vikings. The author felt the need to give his audience a trigger warning labeled as such...if you were not triggered by the title of the book I should think you're fair game.
    Sorry Farmerjon for the :hijack: I really think that looked like a great hunt and a great group of folks.

No problem, not a thread jack at all. I try to caution the snowflakes and tick off a hunter. I sincerely did not know what you meant by a trigger warning. Different trigger/different warning, same outcome. No worries. I think they had a great hunt, good family time and great stories. Thanks for liking the thread.
    Great pictures and thanks for sharing. Great family time.

Hey, you are welcome. Most definitely, am proud of those two and the quality time they spend as a family.

Amen to that!

Can say that a million times and not be enough!

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Great job! Good to see young hunters out there. You should be proud, it's not easy!

Most definitely proud of them. They enjoy the out of doors year round. Ice fishing, spring turkey hunting, mushroom/shed hunting, duck/goose hunting, of course deer hunting, lake fishing. My pond is still set up for grandkids, overstocked with bluegills. They don't have to wait, can about catch on a bare hook. As they age, will throw some big bass in and then they can learn to catch quality fish instead of quantity fish. But for now, it is great fun.

Top Bottom