Kydex holster question.. gun to tight in holster....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    I have a kydex holster for my LCP II that is to tight on the slide. I didn’t know if there was a way to loosen it up. I was thinking about wrapping something thin around the slide, holster the gun and putting a heat gun on the outside of holster to see if that would work. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a kydex holster for my LCP II that is to tight on the slide. I didn’t know if there was a way to loosen it up. I was thinking about wrapping something thin around the slide, holster the gun and putting a heat gun on the outside of holster to see if that would work. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
    Find somebody that makes them. They can heat it and readjust it. Maybe.

Or contact your manufacturer and make them fix it.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Tension screws for adjustment? Did you just buy it ? There should be a warranty of some kind to get this adjusted properly.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yo - it doesn't take much heat from a hair dryer to soften the material. So if you do it yourself - be apply the heat judiciously. I'd even maybe want to place a wet rag over the spots you don't want to heat, too. (though if the wet rag gets hot enough it'll still soften the material)

Your best bet will be to spend some time drawing and reinserting the gun. Make it a dry-fire routine.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    B1DB7A8C-52EF-4ACC-87D8-D12F9395CEC4.png it’s a amberide that came with a LCP II that I purchased on INGO. It only has one adjustment screw. I tried adjusting with screw and didn’t help.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    It appears that the holster is designed to retain via adjustable pressure to the front of the trigger guard. If that's the case I'd try to determine where on the slide it's rubbing. Then, with the LCP inserted, I'd hit just that area with a hair dryer/heat gun and draw and reinsert the pistol till it feels like you want it to... but go SLOW.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd return it - assuming you purchased from a reputable source. It should fit properly from the get go.

Everyone I buy from has an ample window for returns if the fit isn't correct.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have one that was tight. It seemed to hang up only on the trigger guard.

I drilled out one rivet and put a 1/16th thick shim between the two halves and used a small brass screw and nut to reattach. It has worked perfectly ever since.

Top Bottom