• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Its a blast

they have 1 in spring & 1 in fall. The night shoot on sat. is great.If you make it go on sat.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Kpierce and i go to EVERY shoot they have ..
    I always go early friday morning lots of times you can get some pretty good deals on ammo and supplies ...
    Then we hang out for awhile to watch some shooting .
    The saturday night shoot is the BOMB but its usually so crowded you can't move ..not alot of spectator space at the Creek .. Worth the trip if you never been ...:rockwoot::shoot::ar15:

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Every one since 1992

If you haven't been and are into guns, you owe it to yourself to make the trip. Eye and ear, good shoes and something to carry stuff, are required, you might also want a camera.

I'm there thursday to help set up sub gun match, then show and R.O the sub gun match on friday and saturday.

Just a few weeks away!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I've never been. I know this is a stupid question, but what's it like? Do you show up and watch other people shoot all day? Gun show to drool over, but nothing a human can afford? How much to shoot a few rounds at the line? Bring your own stuff? Is this an expensive trip that's worth every penny?

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    There are no stupid questions

If you don't know, that's what this place is for.

Basically it's a huge outdoor gun show with a 50-100 position firing line ( takes like 10-15 years to get on it) anyway there's this big line of guys shooting, a gun show that is massive, mostly military stuff, some flea market, but mostly guns, parts, class 3 stuff.

Now while the gun show and the line shoot are going on, there are these matches which you have to register for in advance, I have heard the sub gun match for this spring is already full, anyway:

Friday:

- Assault Rifle match, on lowest range, shoot your own Assault rifle ( semi-auto) or Bolt- action rifle, 4-6 positions, 1 shot per target allowed on steel, then like 5 on cardboard.
    - Jungle Walk, you can rent their uzi, walk a Jungle Trail, shoot, ok for first timers
    - on the lowER range, you pass this on the way to the Assault Rifle match, there is the Sub gun Range, the sub gun match runs friday and saturday all day.

Saturday:

- "IDPA" type pistol match, is done by the Kentuckyana Practical Defense League, the pistol ranges are accessed from the road that goes around the white building in the center, just behind the firing line.

- Rental range, this is where you can rent you favorite firearm. It's not cheap, but then again you are getting to shoot guns that you might normally not be able to shoot.

Sunday:

- Combat Shotgun match, not sure where they hold this, I think it's on the pistol range, but I have never shot it, sorry.

All this in addition to the gun show, line shoot, people watching, occassionally they have a group who gives rides in helos, one year they had a Huey, most of time is an OH-6.

It's a pretty good time, just be sure to bring eye and ear protection and a sizable amount of money, should the need arise.

Knob Creek Gun Range is the website, go there and look around, if you need to know more specific, come back here, myself or someone else will be glad to help out.

Hope to see you there.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Nothing fun to do at Knob Creek except maybe.........

Firing a Full Auto M60 for the shoulder.....
    243082.jpg

Firing a Full Auto HK MP5 Sub-Gun.....

243085.jpg

Firing a Full Auto Inland M2......
    243080.jpg

Firing a Full Auto M4......
    243081.jpg

Also fired a Full Auto Glock 18 with a 30 round mag but I didn't get photos of it...damn!!

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Me and the usual suspects will be there Friday and Saturday. We stay at the Radcliff Inn, just a few miles south of the range on 31. Great time.

If you haven't been, you need to go. I have as much fun watching the people as I do the guns. Be ready for rain & cold or sunny and warm. You just never know what it is going to do. One year was an absolute mud bowl. I ended up putting up my rain tent over the back of the truck and sitting and watching people get stuck in the mud all day.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Dang, now that you mention it, i could really use some time on a Thompson... Maybe a few others while i'm there, but probably just spend every penny on the thompson.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Knob Creek is well worth the effort. If you have kids or a kid at heart, I'd suggest going. Ear plugs are highly recommended. Lots of gun parts, accessories and ammo.
    It is hard to view the shooting once it starts though. (I think they fire things up about every two hours) I just do the day trip since its an easy drive from Greenwood. The night shoot is really impressive. If it's your first or fifth time, it's worth the drive.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I hope to be there if finances allow. may even take the thompson to run the jungle walk. if it gets muddy again, i'll probably be in the back of fullauto 45's truck watching the mud bog.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    If you are going to stand on the line to watch the shooting, bring eye protection. More than one person has reported being hit by bounce back.

Also, be aware that you cannot carry at Knob Creek and security will sometime elect to search you if they think you are lieing.

Top Bottom