• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Here is a sampling from my personal collection. All released to me from the property room or gifted to me from clients. Lots of high quality stuff. Is this what is in your your minds eye when you train for edged weapons survival?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Actually that doesn't surprise me at all. I've long stood by the idea that in a pinch a #2 pencil makes a hell of a single use self defense tool.

Why wouldn't a steak knife, box cutter, or screw driver...

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I'll tell you what, those folding razor knives can be had for $10 bucks, with extra blades, and they're wicked in every way..

Sure are, in MD it is illegal to carry a razor of any type unless you are on your way to or from a job where you need it. Lots of knuckleheads heads would try to get by with carrying these folding ones. Got plenty of good collars using that as a pretext stop. Also liked to stop drug dealers for riding bikes at night without a light:) You are on the field you ya best be ready to play:D

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Actually, the sliding box cutter probably scares me more than the folder. You ever seen someone who can palm one of those things? When they attack you think it was just a pimp slap only to look down and see blood on the floor, yours.

You look at some of these, then look at some knife fighting guy that's teaching you to defend against a 7" long bowie knife on the street, it would be funny if it weren't so dangerous.

We had the discussion previously about people not recognizing an armed attack until after they were cut or stabbed, Some of that could just be attributed to the fact that they saw the weapon and didn't recognize it as a threat.

Tinman....

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Where I worked we had tons of warehouse workers and that mean folks on parole and probation. We had Clorox, Saks Fifth Ave, Frito Lay just to name a few. Something else that is interesting is that the folks carry those box cutters in the same place day in and day out drawing them dozens and dozens of times a day. They get to be pretty good.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    When you want to learn about bad guys you go to where they are.
    Members of MD DOC Special Operations Group and Intelligence Unit
    DOCSOG-1.jpg

Some shanks and a homemade flail made out of a rolled up magazine, tape, clothesline and a combination lock
    P1120042-1.jpg

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I especially like the obviously par $8.98 butter balisong used for showing off. Real gangster. lol

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    The el cheapo bali was a gift from a Blood I picked up in a hotel room on a warrant. Not illegal in MD but you can't take it to central booking. I said do you want me to toss it or can you have someone come back and get it. He said toss it.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IUGrad,
    How about Mercop, Oh say March 14 and 15 at Eagle Creek Pistol Range.

I'd be willing to bet you'll find some folks there who would even meet afterwards to maintain the skill sets.

Just a thought....

Tinman....

Last edited:

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    When you want to learn about bad guys you go to where they are.
    clothesline and a combination lock
    P1120042-1.jpg

those plexiglass ones are the ones that scare me the most? metal detectors can't pick them up.

it's auctually kinda funny to see soneone use the locks, as if they miss they are nearly as likley to hit themselves. i watched a guy swing one in a sock once, shot back and smacked him in the head just as hard

Top Bottom