• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have a 6 pin knife that was made by a family member. I would like a nice sheath made for it. I would prefer a leather one but would be ok with Kydex one. I want to be able to comfortably wear it. Any recommendations?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    There’s lot of how to’s on YouTube about making kydex sheaths. I’m actually getting ready to make some for a few knives a buddy wanted me to make for him. Looks pretty simple.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    There’s lot of how to’s on YouTube about making kydex sheaths. I’m actually getting ready to make some for a few knives a buddy wanted me to make for him. Looks pretty simple.
    I'll have to look it up. I really don't want to buy a bunch to stuff to make one thing. Been there, done that.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I'll have to look it up. I really don't want to buy a bunch to stuff to make one thing. Been there, done that.
    Most of the stuff is fairly cheap, unfortunately kinda specialized so once you use it you’ll probably never use it again. If you were closer I’d say bring it by or you could use my stuff.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Respectfully, I’m still wondering how big could a sheath be for a pin knife?

After a reread of the original post either I misread it or it has been edited.

I read pin knife in my original reading, I now read a 6 pin, and have no idea what that is.

A picture or a better description of the knife in question would help a great deal. Most pin knives would be less than 4 inches long when open.

I’m wondering if the op is not speaking about a Mellon knife?

I can’t even recall a 6 inch pin knife, and I’ve had some experience with such things.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Respectfully, I’m still wondering how big could a sheath be for a pin knife?

After a reread of the original post either I misread it or it has been edited.

I read pin knife in my original reading, I now read a 6 pin, and have no idea what that is.

A picture or a better description of the knife in question would help a great deal. Most pin knives would be less than 4 inches long when open.

I’m wondering if the op is not speaking about a Mellon knife?

I can’t even recall a 6 inch pin knife, and I’ve had some experience with such things.
    Yes a picture would have been better. My 3rd cousin made this for me. He said it’s called a 6 pin because it has 6 pins in the handle. He said it is an old style knife.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK, now I see, looks like a ridged blade and not a small folding knife for sharpening a quill pen. freekforge may be able to help you out.

Top Bottom