• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    BEB944CF-E1AC-4AE6-9033-4F16DE9F2B07.jpg Here’s my new micro 9. Things fits In my hand like an iPhone. I absolutely love this gun. Have only had a single range session with my kimber as ammo is so hard to come by. Comment if you also have a kimber micro 9 and what your thoughts are on this gun

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't have one, but want one in the worst way.
    Now is not the time for me to be buying though. Prices are too stupid to even consider.

If and when prices head back into "reasonable" ranges, I'll try to find one.
    As for ammo, if you don't handload your own, you're missing out, although now is not the time to start getting into handloading either. Components and handloading tools are almost as bad as guns and ammo prices at the time.

Congratulations on a fine handgun. The Micro 9 keeps calling my name...

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Get more ammo, get more through it.
    Practice those malfunction drills.

Little pistols in general are harder to use well. Some are picky about the ammo they need to function reliably.

During a DGU is not when you want to find out your/its limitations.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the general consensus on Kimbers are that they make purty 1911's but unless they are early models they tend to be hit and miss in the reliability dept. I think it's sound advice to run it a fair bit to see that there are no issues before deciding to carry one. Hopefully you won't have any issues. They do look nice though and I have been tempted from time to time to pick one up myself and give it a go.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice gun OP! I don’t have a Kimber. My favorite flavor of micro-9 is the Sig P938. I agree that these just disappear into a pocket holster

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't have one, but want one in the worst way.
    Now is not the time for me to be buying though. Prices are too stupid to even consider.

If and when prices head back into "reasonable" ranges, I'll try to find one.
    As for ammo, if you don't handload your own, you're missing out, although now is not the time to start getting into handloading either. Components and handloading tools are almost as bad as guns and ammo prices at the time.

Congratulations on a fine handgun. The Micro 9 keeps calling my name...

If you have a Rural King by you, they have Micro 9s as low as $499. I bought the one with the laser grip panels and fiber optic sight in stainless and it was like $650.

Attachments

• E0C1EA3A-184A-43F4-9F50-A88CAAABD5DC.jpg
      E0C1EA3A-184A-43F4-9F50-A88CAAABD5DC.jpg
      163.3 KB · Views: 15

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'll be the oddball. Had one, wasn't a fan. Quite accurate but not a lot of fun to shoot. Wriggles around in rapid fire and gets lost in my big hands. slide bite and un-ergonomic safety. Not a bad gun, just didn't feel the love.

Kimber forums say 200+ round break-in and <2000 round recoil spring replacement. lol Most are pretty good but some need a trip back home for some tweaks before they run great.

RickAllen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2020
    Poneto
    I have 2 micro 9mm at this time and a 45, 45 has some decent kick, will be getting another soon. also have other , to me they both shoot about the same, not much recoil, handle great. love the feel of the c10 rubber grips , have the Micro 9 Rapide on back order at this time, waiting on it.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have one. Normally my summer carry in a sticky pocket holster. I have shot it quite a bit never any issues. I think you will be quite happy with it. Kimber has a nice deal on a 3 pack of spare mags on there site. 8 rounders. So 9 rounds of 9mm in a package that small is pretty sweet

Top Bottom