• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Are there good mags available other than the ones offered by Kimber? I have a Ultra CDP II 9mm and would like something like an extended mag to extend that grip a little bit. Thanks.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have a Colt Defender in 9mm which is the same size gun as the Kimber Ultra and I run Mecgar full size 1911 9mm magazines in it at the range and as spares if I use the gun for EDC. I run Wilson Combat in my .45 caliber guns and they also make 9mm mags. I have been hearing that the Wilson Combat magazines are not what they used to be but I have had no problems with mine. I am sure others will chime in soon so hang in there.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Keep in mind that extended 1911 mags generally do not offer an uninterrupted grip like the Glock mag extensions, for example, do. Putting a standard Gov't 8-rounder in an Officer's frame will get you something like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=191...ro-GunServices*Pistols*IMAG071.JPG%2F;600;395.

The only thing I know of that accomplishes an increase in grip real estate is the X-Grip for 1911s: XGRIP : Sub-Compact Handgun Magazine Adapters : Product List. If you go this route, than I second what others have said regarding Wilson Combat and Tripp mags.

Hope this was helpful!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom