Kids and guns: Why doctors have a 'right' to know.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am GLAD, I no longer have a reason, to fine a Pediatrician ..... Kids all grown ..... I would say NO, anyway.....:twocents: JMO This is my 2100th post !!!!!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The title to his article is absurd.

The court didn't decide that doctors have a right "to know". It decided that they have a right "to ask". Which I think is a win for liberty and pretty much irrelevant to gun rights.

This "journalist" is a joke.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow. What a piece of rubbish. Exactly why I don't subscribe to TIME.

And how in the world do folks equate firearms with a health risk? Why can't doctors stick with actual health issues, like colds and such? Do they ask about pools? Cars? Garage door openers? Dogs and cats?

I'm glad our pediatrician has her head screwed on straight. According to TIME, good ones are nearly impossible to find!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    gun-rights lobby that is increasingly using its considerable political power to support policies that have little to do with the right to bear arms and needlessly put innocent people at risk.
    FAIL
    They can brandish their guns openly or conceal them
    bran·dish
    verb (used with object)
    1. to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: Brandishing his sword, he rode into battle.
    noun
    a flourish or waving, as of a weapon.
    Synonyms
    1. swing, flaunt, wield

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Wow. What a piece of rubbish. Exactly why I don't subscribe to TIME.

And how in the world do folks equate firearms with a health risk? Why can't doctors stick with actual health issues, like colds and such? Do they ask about pools? Cars? Garage door openers? Dogs and cats?

I'm glad our pediatrician has her head screwed on straight. According to TIME, good ones are nearly impossible to find!
    Chainsaws, circular saws, drills, hammers, any other "tool" out there ????

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    They used the "high capacity clip" thing over and over! Most clips I had for my SKS only held 10 rds, and it took awhile to load...oh and the shooter in Va Tech used 10 round mags, he just had a few...

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our pediatrician asked but she also asked if our home was "childproof" in general, if we smoke, etc. Wasn't a huge deal. We smoked at the time so answered yes and all she did was OFFER smoking cessation information and move on. Had we answered yes about firearms I imagine she would have OFFERED advice regarding gun storage or trigger locks. I personally do not see it as anything to write an article about.:dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The really absurd part is that many of these "doctors" don't ask you about your diet during office visits. Apparently the fuel and nutrients that you put in your body are irrelevant when we have modern medicine to solve all of our problems.

But guns? Now there is a relevant question. :noway:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The really absurd part is that many of these "doctors" don't ask you about your diet during office visits. Apparently the fuel and nutrients that you put in your body are irrelevant when we have modern medicine to solve all of our problems.

<said in a whisper> I've heard they also try to vaccinate you<shudder>

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    The next steps will be penalties for failure to disclose. The huge database from Obamascare will be cross-referenced with ATF records and failure failure to answer truthfully will be a felony.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Times Man of the Year: 1938

hitler-Time-man-of-the-year.jpg

Times Man of the Year: 1939

1101400101_400.jpg

Times magazine is obviously a big fan of Tyrants who disarm and murder their subjects, so of course Times magazine would hate guns. Both Hitler and Stalin would have really appreciated Times magazine doing their fare share to get rid of freedom and self defense. Times magazine, you're still making Hitler proud, congratulations.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Times Man of the Year: 1938

Times Man of the Year: 1939

Times magazine is obviously a big fan of Tyrants who disarm and murder their subjects, so of course Times magazine would hate guns. Both Hitler and Stalin would have really appreciated Times magazine doing their fare share to get rid of freedom and self defense. Times magazine, you're still making Hitler proud, congratulations.

To be fair to TIME, they have always said that the MOTY was the biggest newsmaker of the year. TIME magazine, however, is not a gunowner's friend. To put some blame where it's due, this all started at Indiana's Riley Hospital about 15-20 years ago when they got a grant to "study gun violence" and started to send out advice to pediatricians to ask about guns in the home.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Doctors need to stick to solving medical issues, not social ones. Besides, my kids are pretty much grown now and I don't have to worry about that crap. I feel sorry for younger parents.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    You would think that a childs sibbling or peers would put them more at risk for neg. actions than you would responsible firearm owners that keep their sidearms locked in a safe when they're not being used for defense or sport purposes. Then again, not everyone is responsible.

Top Bottom