• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anyone here have one? Looking at a used one. Test drive it last night and really liked it. 2011 with 73,000 miles but looks immaculate for the miles. Fully loaded and leather interior.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We had a KIA Sorento that was an outstanding vehicle. My wife had a KIA 4 door car that great and her little sis is still driving a different KIA 4 door car that she hasn't had any problems with. I don't have any experience with te Soul model, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another KIA.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks. I talked to a rio owner and he's pretty happy with it. The carfax on this one shows no accidents and the 73,000 miles was over 2 years and 4 months for about 31,000 miles per year. It must have been owned by a commuter. Definitely not an outright lemon to get that many miles in that time frame. The leather looks brand new so it must have been well taken care of.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Girlfriend has one. I drive it often. Pretty good drive, she loves it. I'm man enough to admit I like it.

I'd only seen them from a distance til yesterday when I actually got in it and drove it. I was really impressed with how roomy it is. It's really almost in the crossover class of vehicles. It's a sport model with 18" wheels, moon roof, 8 speakers, etc.

My wife has like the Soul for awhile now and likes that baby **** green color. I draw the line at that color.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd only seen them from a distance til yesterday when I actually got in it and drove it. I was really impressed with how roomy it is. It's really almost in the crossover class of vehicles. It's a sport model with 18" wheels, moon roof, 8 speakers, etc.

My wife has like the Soul for awhile now and likes that baby **** green color. I draw the line at that color.

Girlfriend has that color, I think. They call it "alien green", if it's the same green you're talking about :P

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The main knock on it from the car mags are how hard the suspension is.

But if yer butts can live with it - it ain't too hard. :D

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    don't own a soul, but we're on our 2nd kia. wife had a '99 sephia that was bare bones but ran great. currently have a '12 sedona, no complaints in 1.5 years

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had one for two weeks while my car was in the shop. I didn't care for them prior, but it grew on me over time. LOTs of great features, bells and whistles. It just doesn't have much pickup...which could be a good thing depending on how many speeding tickets you get.

I'm considering one for my next vehicle.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    don't own a soul, but we're on our 2nd kia. wife had a '99 sephia that was bare bones but ran great. currently have a '12 sedona, no complaints in 1.5 years

We had a 97 Sephia that was a turd. Crapped out after <110k miles. multiple opinions said it would cost >$6k to fix (engine failed), so we sold it for $500. I think Kia has come a long way since then, though.

A buddy had the Soul with a backup camera. Nice vehicle for around town. It was stolen in front of his house in Chicago last month.

dowalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Tampa FL
    I have had mine for just over 2 years now. Love it.Mine is a 2011 also, but only 15,000 miles so far. When I got it, one of the reason I liked it, was that it was different and not too many of them around. Now it seems like it is every other car.
    No complaints about mine at all. Would recommend to anyone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Now trying to decide between new and used. The 2011 sport loaded with 73,000 miles is about $13,300 out the door. A new base with pw, pd, cruise and keyless entry is $17,100 out the door. A comparable new one to the 2011 is well over $20,000. Trying to decide the trade off between miles, price, and options.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If I had to choose between a new, base model for $4k more vs one with over 73K on the odometer, it would be a no brainer. I'd get the new one. That's a good bit of mileage. If the price were lower it would be a different thing, for me. And I just replaced a toes up 12 year old 4 Runner with a new vehicle.

Top Bottom